Online Fine Wine Tasting: Volcanic Wines of Europe with Jimmy Smith
PLEASE NOTE THE TASTING KITS FOR THIS TASTING HAVE NOW SOLD OUT.
You may still register to join the session without the wines.
Some of the most fascinating (and tasty!) wines found in Europe come from hillsides and terroir formed by the movement of tectonic plates and the resulting volcanic activities. Join Wine School founder and Chief Educator Jimmy Smith and learn about what makes volcanic soils unique and taste wines that are fantastic examples of the diversity that can be produced from this specific terrain.This unmissable evening will include a tasting of six 75ml samples from truly stunning wines that all come from volcanic soils.
Tasting Date: Wednesday 30th September 2020 at 7:00pm (the tasting will last approximately 2 hours)
TASTING FEE STRUCTURE:
For this special two-hour tasting, an exclusive tasting kit is available which includes a 75ml tasting sample of each wine, as well as tasting mat, tasting note paper and pen. The total cost for this tasting experience including this kit is £65.
- To reserve your place on this tasting, there is a £10 registration fee.
- Once you have registered to attend this tasting, a member of the West London Wine School team will email you a link to purchase the supplemental tasting kit. The standalone kit price is £65, however your £10 course registration fee is 100% redeemable against this before final purchase. PLEASE NOTE: As the wine tasting kit is prepared for us by our 3rd party supplier, West London Wine School gift vouchers are NOT redeemable towards the purchase of the tasting kit.
- Tasting kits will be sent out 1 week prior to this tasting.
Tasting Kit: What's Included:
- 75ml tasting sample of each wine (6 in total) contained in a sterilised glass bottle and preserved with an inert gas (designed specifically for wine preservation)
- Tasting mat
- Tasting note sheet
- West London Wine School pen
Wines Included in Tasting Kit:
- Bencze Atlas Pinot Noir 2018 - Badacsonyi, Hungary
- Benito Ferrara Greco di Tufo 2018 - Campania, Italy
- Suertes del Marques, el Ciruelo 2016 - Tenerife, Spain
- Gaia Wild Ferment Assyrtiko 2018 - Santorini, Greece
- Pieropan Calvarino 2017 - Soave, Italy
- Tenuta di Aglaea Thalia Etna 2016 - Sicily, Italy
PLEASE NOTE: As this is a virtual tasting, only one seat needs to be booked per household UNLESS individuals will be logging into the tasting series with different computers/tablets. Additional tasting kits can be purchased for £65 each if additional wines are required per household. Due to the exclusivity of these wines, supplemental full bottle tasting cases are not available for purchase.
Jimmy Smith will host this exclusive tasting live at 7:00pm on Wednesday 30th September 2020. This single-evening tasting will be approximately 2 hours in length.
Unable to commit on the evening? No problem! Anyone registered for this tasting will gain access to the video recording of the live event, so you can always revisit any of these at anytime in the future - whether its because you missed participating in the live evening or if you want to revisit the presentation at a later date.
Places remaining: 1
Course Date/Time: Wed 30th Sep 2020 at 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Duration: 2 hours