SOUTH AFRICA WINE FAIR
Taste over 40 different wines from 9 different winemakers (all present) in one exciting evening.
For one special evening only we welcome nine exciting winemakers/vintners to West London Wine School showcasing a selection of top-quality wine from the emerging vinous country of South Africa. We have teamed up with PIWOSA (Premium Independent Wineries of South Africa) a collective of likeminded, premium, independent wine producers from across the diverse wine regions of South Africa’s Western Cape.
In January/February 2014 WLWS owner Jimmy Smith travelled out to South Africa and traversed the exciting wine regions of Stellenbosch, Franschoek, Walker Bay, Elgin, Bot River and Swartland and discovered that South African wine is currently the best it's ever been, comparable today on the world-wine stage to the great regions of Europe. This justified praise is down to charasmatic, energetic and highly-skilled winemakers such as the group visiting the school for this fantastic mini-wine-fair.
With a diverse array of grape varieties including Pinot Noir, Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinotage, Syrah, Chardonnay, Cabernet Franc and many more from a wide range of regions there is so much to discover on this splendid evening.
PIWOSA Wine Fair Details:
- Time: Evening Tasting 6:30-9:30pm
- Venue: West London Wine School
- Format: Turn up & taste
- Kevin Grant from Ataraxia (Walker Bay)
- Kathy Jordan from Jordan Wine Estates (Stellenbosch)
- Alex Dale from the Winery of Good Hope (Stellenbosch/Elgin/Swartland)
- Rollo Gabb from Journey's End Vineyards (Stellenbosch)
- Sebastian Beaumont from Beaumont Wines (Bot River)
- Bevan Newton-Johnson from Newton-Johnson (Walker Bay)
- James Downes from Shannon Wines (Elgin)
- Bruwer Raats from Raats Family Wines (Stellenbosch)
- Andrea Mullineux from Mullineux Family Wines (Swartland)
There will be delicious South African themed food on offer, plus lots of other goodies up for grabs!
Come and join in the fun!