8 Week Introduction to the World of Wine Course
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR?
The introductory 8 week Wonderful World of Wine Course is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not need any previous experience, the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
REVIEW: "I did the 8 week Intro to Wine Course. As someone who loves wine but was a bit of beginner, this course was a great place to start, without being too basic or slow. The evenings were really well paced, the wine tasting interspersed with information of the wine making process, how vineyards map out, or how to read a wine label! I really looked forward to it every week, the teaching was thorough and with a great sense of humour (pretty essential!), and I learnt a huge amount. Even if my written notes did get a little scrappier towards the end of the tastings each week... (jbcoupe via TripAdvisor)
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE?
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce.
- You will have been taught to assess, & taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine).
- During the 8 Evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (Tasting approx 60 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods.
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary & met some new friends.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS A SESSION?
We understand most Londoners have a hectic schedule therefore the course is flexible and you can redeem missed sessions at a later date or send a subsitute. We run this course several times a year. All you need to do is give us at least 3 working days' notice of the session you will miss, and we will tranfer you onto the next time that class rolls around.
REVIEW "They are very flexible with the dates. If I could not take a class on a particuar day, I could have easily re-scheduled it for the next course. For someone who cannot commit herself to stay in London for 8 consecutive weeks it works out really well..." (Anna G)
COURSE DATES (all Thursdays):
- 9th January: France I - Burgundy & Loire with Intro to Wine Tasting
- 16th January: France II - Bordeaux, Rhone & South France
- 23rd January: Europe I - Alsace, Germany, UK & Austria
- 30th January: Europe II - Italy, Spain & Portugal
- 6th February: New World I - Australia & New Zealand
- 13th February: New World II - Chile & Argentina
- 20th February: New World III - USA & South Africa
- 27th February: Sparkling & Sweet Wines
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes, course handouts, maps, booklets and some food are all provided.
All full course attendees will also receive the critically acclaimed book I Don't Know Much About Wine, But I Know What I Like by Simon Woods.
COURSE FEE STRUCTURE:
The course fee is £205. As a way of spreading out the cost, we ask for £125 payment on booking and then £10 in cash each evening. A great value and a saving on booking each night separately (this works out to approximately £25 per evening - usual cost if you booked on a single evening is £27.50 to £35 per evening).
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Thu 9th Jan 2020 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hrs for 8 wks
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham, SW6 2ST
The Wine Cellars