WSET Level 2 Award: Wednesday Evenings
Wednesday evenings for six sessions starting 16th January 2019
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies. The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority (NQCF) as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Evening Courses - who are they designed for?
- We run evening sessions for those who are unable to sacrifice a working day or a weekend.
- The sessions run for 2.5 hours, starting at 7pm
- There are 6 evening sessions. At the end of the final session is the exam (final session 2-2.5 hours)
Course Outline (all Wednesday evenings):
- 16th Jan 2019 - Session 1 - Introduction & Tasting Technique
- 23rd Jan 2019 - Session 2 - Grapegrowing, Winemaking, Labelling
- 30th Jan 2019 - Session 3 - Grape Varieties 1 & 2 (3 hours)
- 6th Feb 2019 - Session 4 - Grape Varieties 3 (3 hours)
- 13th Feb 2019 - Session 5 - Sparkling & Sweet wines, Fortified Wines
- 20th Feb 2019 - Session 6 - Revision and Examination
Whats included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including: Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 30-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Course tutor: Shane Jones
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Wed 16th Jan 2019 at 7pm
Duration: 2.5 hours, 6 session
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham, SW6 2ST
The Wine Cellars