WSET Level 3 Award in Wine: Condensed
Five consecutive days (Monday to Friday) in one week - BE PREPARED!
This well-structured and in-depth Level 3 certificate is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain comprehensive knowledge of wines and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting as tasting will be part of the examinations. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification and provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the Diploma Level 4.
If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
- The term 'condensed' is due to the shorter nature of the course (over consecutive five days) - the amount of content is exactly the same as a normal Saturday/Monday course.
- Please be aware that this is a very in-depth course compressed into a shorter time-frame. This course is ideally for those that have studied the book beforehand and/or have wine industry experience.
- Registration closes for this course on Thursday 20th September (if you do wish to register after this date you will be required to pay a late fee of £25 - please email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can register you)
- For the condensed course we will post your study pack to you in advance. Please note that postage can take up to 10 working days. Plesae let us know the best address for your study pack to be sent too. The delivery will require a signature upon arrival.
- We also send out mock paper questions for you to complete before the course - answers will be provided a week before the course start date
L3 CONDENSED COURSES - WHO ARE THEY FOR?
- We run the condensed course for those who wish to obtain the Level 3 award in a quick turnaround, ideally for those who have a sound understanding of wine or those that passed the Level 2 Award with Merit/Distinction.
- The sessions run for 8 hours, starting at 9am (8:30am on first day) and finishing at 5pm for five consecutive days (Monday to Friday)
- The final day is the examination, with revision sessions in the morning (going through mock question papers)
COURSE OUTLINE (all in one week 01/10 to 05/10):
- 01/10 - Day 1: Introduction to Tasting, Viticulture, Vinification
- 02/10 - Day 2: White Wines of Alsace/Germany/Austria/Tokaji, White Wines of Burgundy/Loire/Bordeaux, Red/Rose of Loire/Bordeaux/SW France, Red Wines of Burgundy/Beaujolais, Red/Whites of N Rhone
- 03/10 - Day 3: Red/Rose Wines of S Rhone/S France, Red Wines of Med Spain, White Wines of Spain/Portugal, Red Wines of N Spain, Red/White Wines of N Italy, Red Wines of C/S Italy/Portugal/Greece,
- 04/10 - Day 4: Premium Red/White Wines of New World, Regional Specialities of the New World, Sparkling WinesFortified Wines,
- 05/10 - Day 5: Feedback Tasting Test, Revision, Examination (from 2pm)
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEE?
- All WSET course materials including; Course manual, Study Guide, Specification book and Tasting Card (these will be posted to you as soon as you pay for your place)
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 50 wines)
- All course handouts (we have a comprehensive database of past exam papers/practice questions)
- All course tuition
- Examination Papers (Theory Multiple Choice & Written plus Tasting Paper)
STUDY MATERIALS: For the condensed course we will post your study pack to you in advance. Please note that delivery of the course study pack can take up to 10 working days from the receipt of the student's postal address confirmation. Please note that the delivered materials will require a signature upon arrival. All study packs are posted via Royal Mail, First Class, Signed For to all UK addresses. Arrangements can be made for International postage of course materials.
Special Educational Needs: Please make the School aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
VAT Receipts: Available on request- simply email us after your purchase
Course tutors: Jimmy Smith, Lucy Stevenson
Jimmy has 13 years industry experience teaching WSET, training over 5000+ students through both the L2 and L3 certificates. With high pass rates across both certifcates and number of students gaining scholarships from Jimmy's courses, they are thoroughly enjoyable but informative and educational with ample course material available designed by Jimmy. West London Wine School has been nominated by WSET as best educator of the year in 2012 and 2014, and a winner in 2015.
Places remaining: 2
Course Date/Time: Mon 1st Oct 2018 at 9am
Duration: 5 days
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham, SW6 2ST
The Wine Cellars