ONLINE COURSE: Italian Wine Scholar: Unit 1 - Monday Evenings
The Italian Wine Scholar™ education program is an Italian wine course designed to provide committed students of wine with the most advanced and comprehensive specialization study program on Italian wine bar none! It was created by native Italian, Maurizio Broggi, DWS, FWS with the support of the Italian wine DOC/G consortia.The Italian Wine Scholar™ study program mirrors the unparalleled level of depth, accuracy, detail and academic rigor offered by the acclaimed French Wine Scholar™ program. Like the French Wine Scholar program, the Italian Wine Scholar study and certification program also confers a post-nominal to wine professionals and enthusiasts who successfully pass the certification exams (Ex: John Smith, IWS).
The Italian Wine Scholar course is composed of two separate units:
Unit 1: The Wines of Northern Italy
Unit 2: The Wines of Central & Southern Italy
There will be two separate study manuals and two separate exams. The Italian Wine Scholar™ credential/pin is based on the final composite score (Unit 1&2). This format makes it much easier to retain information and to pass the exam. Students register for each unit separately.
Italian Wine Scholar Unit 1 (Northern Italy) course
ONLINE Course Dates (All Monday Evenings) - 7:00pm to 9:30pm:
- Monday 13th July 2020: Valle d'Aosta & Liguria
- Monday 20th July 2020: Piemonte Part 1
- Monday 27th July 2020: Piemonte Part 2
- Monday 3rd August 2020: Trentino & Alto Adige
- Monday 10th August 2020: Lombardia & Emilia Romagna
- Monday 17th August 2020: Veneto
- Monday 24th August 2020: Friuli-Venezia Guilia
- Monday 14th September: In-person exam. Please note that if you are unable to sit the exam on this date, we are able to arrange another time for you to do this provided we receive at least 4 weeks advanced notice to the 14th September.
The Fee of £470 includes:
- A 200+ page comprehensive Study Manual
- Professional VIRTUAL 'live' tuition by Italian Wine Scholar certified tutor
- Examination fees
- Access to the E-Learning Package (20 multimedia modules, review quizzes, forums, downloadable maps & etc)
- Internationally-recognised qualification certificate and pin for those who pass
PLEASE NOTE: An optional, supplemental tasting case will be made available for students to purchase. The exam for this course is 100% Theory based however, so while tasting wines will enhance the experience it is not essential to purchase this case to complete this course.
VAT Receipt available on request- simply email us after your purchase
Places remaining: 7
Course Date/Time: Mon 13th Jul 2020 at 7:00pm - 9:30pm
Duration: 7 Sessions plus exam