ONLINE COURSE: France vs New World
France vs New World Online Course
This fascinating course will focus on the classic wine regions of France and compare them against the best of the New World. Join us each evening as we taste a pair of wines, made from the same grape variety but from different countries.
It is only when you taste these wines together that the differences really stand out. The comparisons can bring some amazing insights into wine styles. We will taste wines from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Chile, and California and then compare them with wines from the Loire, Burgundy, Bordeaux, Alsace, The Rhone and Champagne.
COURSE DATES (Each of the 6 sessions begins at 8:30pm and will last approximately 1 hour):
- Tuesday 9th June 2020: The Loire vs New World
- Tuesday 16th June 2020: Burgundy Vs New World
- Tuesday 23rd June 2020: Bordeaux Vs New World
- Tuesday 30th June 2020: Alsace Vs New World
- Tuesday 7th July 2020: The Rhone Vs New World
- Tuesday 14th July 2020: Champagne Vs New World
COURSE STRUCTURE AND FORMAT:
Each week Quentin Sadler will present different iconic wine regions of France and a style of wine representative of that region and then compare it to a wine made from the same grape variety produced in a new world country. He will host each tasting session live at 8:30pm over 6 consecutive Tuesdays. Each tasting session will be approximately 1 hour in length. Unable to commit to each evening? No problem! Anyone registered for this course will gain access to the video recordings of each tasting session, so you can always revisit any of these at anytime in the future - whether its because you missed participating in the live evening or if you want to revisit the presentation at a later date.
Each evening, Quentinwill also be tasting two wines that are representative of the styles discussed during that evening's session. Thanks to the wonderful support of our third-party suppliers, a case of each wine covered throughout the course (10 full bottles & 2 half-bottles) will be made available to order for anyone registered to attend the course, so if you'd like, you can also purchase and enjoy the wines with Quentin (or at a later date). The cost for this 12 bottle and half-bottle case is £180. Any wine orders received after 12pm will be processed on the next working day. We are working hard to deliver your order within two working days of the order being processed however due to the current environment the wines may arrive a day or two later than expected.
PLEASE NOTE: As this is a virtual tasting, only one seat needs to be booked per household UNLESS individuals will be logging into the tasting series with different computers/tablets.
You will receive a link to purchase the wine after you have registered for the session. If you have registered at the weekend it will be sent to you on the Monday. If you have registered after 4pm Monday to Friday it will be sent to you the next working day.
OPTIONAL TASTING CASE PRICE: £180 (Comprised of 10 full bottles and 2 half bottles)
- Pouilly Fume la Mariee, Caves Pouilly Sur Loire, Loire France 2018 (Half Bottle)
- Mount Brown Sauvignon Blanc, Waipara NZ 2018
- Sidewood Estate Chardonnay, Adelaide Hills Australia 2018
- Pouilly Fuisse Domaine Seve, Burgundy France 2017
- Chateau du Moulin Rouge, Haut Medoc, Bordeaux France 2014 (Half Bottle)
- Juniper Crossing Cabernet Merlot, Margaret River Australia 2014
- Jean Becker Riesling Ab, Zellenberg, Alsace France 2016
- Zapallares Riesling, Casablanca Valley Chile 2017
- Crozes Hermitage, Domaine Pochon, Rhone Valley France 2015
- Bizoe, Henrietta Syrah, Western Cape South Africa 2015
- Champagne Dumenil 1er Cru Grande Reserve NV
- Roederer Estates Quartet, Anderson Valley California NV
Places remaining: 8
Course Date/Time: Tue 9th Jun 2020 at 8:30pm - 9:30pm
Duration: 6 sessions over 6 we