WSET Level 3 Award: Monday Evenings
Monday Evenings for 14 sessions starting 14th September 2020 (every week)
This well-structured and in-depth Level 3 certificate is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain comprehensive knowledge of wines and spirits and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting as tasting will be part of the examinations. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification and provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the Diploma Level 4.
If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
Evening Sessions - who are they designed for?
- We run evening sessions for those who can not sacrifice a weekend or are busy working in the hospitality trade at weekends or those who work during the week
- The sessions run for 2-3 hours, starting at 7pm and finishing at 9 - 10pm
- There are 13 sessions (every week) and an exam session, spread out over 3 1/2 months. This enables you to learn this very challenging syllabus over a longer time period (many students have transferred in the past from the shorter format to this longer format). The final exam day is 7pm - 10pm.
Course Outline (all Monday evenings)
- 14th September 2020 - Introduction to Tasting
- 21st September 2020 - Natural Factors in the vineyard
- 28th September 2020 - Human Factors in the winery
- 5th October 2020 - White Wines of Alsace/Germany/Austria/Tokaji
- 12th October 2020 - White Wines of Burgundy/Loire/Bordeaux
- 19th October 2020 - Red/Rose of Loire/Bordeaux/SW France
- 26th October 2020 - Red Wines of Burgundy/Beaujolais and Red/Whites of N Rhone
- 2nd November 2020 - Red/Rose Wines of S Rhone/S France, Red Wines of Med Spain
- 9th November 2020 - White Wines of Spain/Portugal Red Wines of N Spain, Red/White Wines of N Italy
- 16th November 2020 - Red Wines of C/S Italy/Portugal/Greece and Premium Red Wines of New World
- 23rd November 2020 - Premium White Wines of New World and Regional Specialities of the New World
- 30th November 2020 - Sparkling Wines
- 7th December 2020 - Fortified Wines and Feedback Tasting Test
- 14th December 2020 - Examination
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; Course manual, Study Guide, Specification book and Tasting Card
- Use of SENSUS professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 70 wines)
- All course handouts (we have a comprehensive database of past exam papers/practice questions)
- All course tuition
- Examination Papers (Theory Multiple Choice & Written plus Tasting Paper)
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Mon 14th Sep 2020 at 7pm
Duration: 2-3 hours x 14
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham, SW6 2ST
The Wine Cellars