WSET Level 2 Award in Wines: Saturdays
Saturdays for three sessions starting 10th October 2020
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 certificate and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of wine available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority (NQCF) as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Saturday Courses - who are they designed for?
- We run Saturday sessions for those who have a busy schedule in London unable to sacrifice a working day.
- The sessions run for 6 hours, starting at 10:30am and finishing at 4:30pm, which enables you plenty of time to arrive punctually and enough time to enjoy your Saturday evening. At the end of the final day is the exam (final day 10:30am-6pm).
- There are 3 full sessions and an exam session, spread out over 3 weeks.
Course Outline* (all Saturdays):
- 10th October 2020 - Session 1 - Tasting technique, grapegrowing, winemaking, labelling
- 17th October 2020 - Session 2 - Grape varieties
- 24th October 2020 - Session 3 - Italy, Spain & Portugal, Sparkling & Sweet wines, Fortified wines and the 1-hour Exam. (10:30-6pm)
*Course outline may vary slightly each day due to the individualised nature of each of our courses.
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including: Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 30-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 10th Oct 2020 at 10:30am
Duration: 6 hrs (3 days)
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham, SW6 2ST
The Wine Cellars