WSET Level 2 Award: Wednesday Evenings
Tuesday evenings for seven sessions starting 9th September 2020
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award in Wines and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of wines available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies. The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority (NQCF) as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
EVENING COURSES - WHO ARE THEY DESIGNED FOR?
- We run evening sessions for those who are unable to sacrifice a working day or a weekend.
- The sessions run for 2.5 hours, starting at 7pm
- There are 7 evening sessions. At the end of the final session is the exam.
COURSE OUTLINE (ALL WEDNESDAY EVENINGS)
- 9th September 2020: Session 1 - Introduction & Tasting Technique, Food and Wine Pairing
- 16th September 2020: Session 2 - Factors that influence the quality, style and price of wine
- 23rd September 2020: Session 3 - Grape Varieties
- 30th September 2020: Session 4 - Grape Varieties
- 7th October 2020: Session 5 - Grape Varieties
- 14th October 2020: Session 6 - Sparkling & Sweet wines, Fortified Wines
- 21st October 2020: Revision and Examination
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEE?
- All WSET course materials including: Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 30-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Wed 9th Sep 2020 at 7pm
Duration: 2.5 hours, 7 session
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham, SW6 2ST
The Wine Cellars