8 Week Introduction to the World of Wine Course
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR?
The introductory 8 week Wonderful World of Wine Course is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not need any previous experience, the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
99% of our reviews are five-star on Tripadvisor: "I knew next to nothing about wine when I signed up to the 8 week introductory course at WLWS, yet Jimmy and Cherie managed to turn me into a real wine enthusiast in that short time. I now have a real interest in not just what wine tastes like, but also where it comes from, what the grapes are like, how it is made and the fantastic stories behind each region. It is as if a whole new world has opened up to me!" (ACAGLondon, via TripAdvisor)
What if I have to miss a session? We understand most Londoners have a hectic schedule therefore the course is flexible and you can redeem missed sessions at a later date or send a subsitute. We run this course several times a year. All you need to do is email or call the school at least 3 working days before the course date and we will reschedule you onto the next time that session rolls around.
"They are very flexible with the dates. If I could not take a class on a particuar day, I could have easily re-scheduled it for the next course. For someone who cannot commit herself to stay in London for 8 consecutive weeks it works out really well..." (Anna G, via TripAdvisor)
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the 8 Evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce.
- You will have been taught to assess, & taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine).
- During the 8 Evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (Tasting approx 55-60 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods.
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary & met some new friends
2019 Course Dates (all Wednesdays):
- 29th April: France I - Burgundy & Loire with Intro to Wine Tasting
- 6th May: France II - Bordeaux, Rhone & South France
- 13th May: Europe I - Alsace, Germany, UK & Austria
- 20th May: Europe II - Italy, Spain & Portugal
- 27th May: New World I - Australia & New Zealand
- 3rd June: New World II - Chile & Argentina
- 10th June: New World III - USA & South Africa
- 17th June: Sparkling & Sweet Wines
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes, course handouts, maps, booklets and some food are all provided.
All full course attendees will also receive the critically acclaimed book I Don't Know Much About Wine, But I Know What I Like by Simon Woods.
COURSE FEE STRUCTURE:
The course fee is £205. As a way of spreading out the cost, we ask for £125 payment on booking and then £10 in cash each evening. A great value and a saving on booking each night separately (this works out to approximately £25 per evening - usual cost if you booked on a single evening is £27.50 to £35 per evening).
Places remaining: 9
Course Date/Time: Wed 29th Apr 2020 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hrs for 8 wks
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham, SW6 2ST
The Wine Cellars