UPDATED CONTENT: 13 September 2020
In addition to the below we can confirm that following the Prime Minister's statement our classes will be running as planned as educationa; facilities and hospitality venues are exempt from the 'rule of six'.
We hope you are all continuing to stay well and safe.
We're delighted that we have now reopened our school in full.
We are in the process of rescheduling several hundred students who started courses and tastings with us prior to the lockdown and the majority have been contacted already. If you haven't been contacted please bear with us as it is taking some time and because we are adopting a strict two-metre social distancing rule our class numbers will be capped which means we have to find double the amount of class reschedules to ensure everyone can complete their course.
We're offering 'initial' options but more dates will become available so if you're unable to attend our first option we'll make a note and ensure you're contacted again.
Health & Hygiene at the school
- We will continue to adopt a two-metre social distancing rule at the school.
- We have a 5-litre pump of hand sanitiser at the school as well as smaller 500ml dispensers of hand sanitisers in each classroom which can be used alongside the sanitisers and handwash that is available in the toilets.
- Individual spittoons will be made available.
- We recommend that you bring your own water bottle.
- The tutors will wear gloves whilst handling the glassware.
- When arriving at the venue only one person can go into the lift at any one time (unless you are joining as a household) so we would ask that you arrive a little earlier than usual to make sure that you can start the class on time.
To confirm our policy, you will all be offered:
- Free rebooking with no amendment fees; or
- Free cancellation and a credit equivalent to your original ticket price to be used as payment for future events; or
- To switch to an online course if you prefer.
We have several hundred students who join us every year for tastings and courses, but we are a small team – so please bear with us! You will all be contacted in due course and we ask for your patience once again.
Thank you for your ongoing understanding, we hope to see you at the physical school asap! In the meantime, do check out our online fun!
We've missed you and we look forward to seeing you all in person soon,
Jimmy, Beth & the West London Wine School team.