Spanish Wine Scholar £625
The Spanish Wine Scholar™ education program is a Spanish wine course designed to provide committed students of wine with the most advanced and comprehensive specialization study program on Spanish wine bar none. It has been created by Spanish wine specialist Rick Fisher the Spanish Wine Scholar Education Director.
The Spanish Wine Scholar™ study program mirrors the unparalleled level of depth, accuracy, detail and academic rigor offered by the acclaimed French and Italian Wine Scholar™ programmes.
Individuals who follow this in-depth curriculum and pass the exam earn the Spanish Wine Scholar title and the SWS post-nominal which may be incorporated into a professional signature (e.g. John Smith, SWS).
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER STUDYING THE SPANISH WINE SCHOLAR (SWS) COURSE?
- SWS is designed to test for proficiency in ALL the wines and wine regions of Spain.
- SWS is ideal for those currently studying or completed WSET Level 3 and Level 4 as an perfect supplement
- SWS is also ideal for those who hold an enthusiastic interest for the Spanish wine industry
No previous experience of Wine Tasting is necessary to register on this course.
The Spanish Wine Scholar curriculum is comprised of eight 2 1/2 hour classes and a final exam usually held on the same evening over consecutive weeks. All students receive a comprehensive study book as well as access to the fantastic interactive E-Learning Modules, and an average of 8-12 wines will be tasted per class with some matching with typical regional foods.
- Wine Tasting: Taste and describe wines from key Spain regions
- Regional Food and Wine Matching: An informal guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine
- Wine Service and Storage: Learn the correct way to store and serve key Spanish wines
- Grape Varieties: Learn about the characteristics and styles of wines produced from ALL the Spanish grape varieties
- Regions: Full immersion in ALL the Spanish wine regions including: Green Spain, the Duero River Valley, La Rioja, the Ebro River Valley, Cataluna, Central Mediterranean Coasts, the Meseta, Andalucia & the Islands.
- Number of Wines Tasted: 80+ wines will be tasted as part of the course
- Study Materials: Students will receive the Spanish Wine Scholar Study Manual, a comprehensive guide to ALL Spanish wine
- Additional Materials: Students will have access to a complete E-Learning Package including multimedia modules with webinars on regional wine styles, review quizzes, forums, downloadable maps & etc.
- Duration of course: 9 evenings inclusive of examination on the final session. Taught lessons will last from 7pm until 9:30pm
- Examination: 100 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 60 minutes. A mark of 75% required to pass.
- Certification: All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
REVIEWS ON OUR IWS/FWS PROGRAMMES:
Reviewed 23 April 2019 "Superlative Italian Wine Scholar course" "Did the Italian Wine Scholar course and can honestly say it was exceptional in the quality of teaching. Jimmy wins a multitude of wine educator awards and its clear why. There was a lot of thought and preparation in selection of wines and the nibbles to match. I honestly cannot imagine this course being better taught elsewhere." (Wanita01 via TripAdvisor)
Reviewed 9 December 2018 "French Wine Scholar Course" "An extremely well-delivered, very informative and great fun course conducted in a supportive learning environment. Gained a great deal from Jimmy Smith, the instructor, and the good programme manual and online material. Overall, an excellent course (and tasted some fabulous wine as well!)" (O3604 via TripAdvisor)
Open Gift Voucher for ANY Spanish Wine Scholar Course at West London Wine School priced at £625. This is a great option if you are looking to cover the cost of
Places remaining: 882
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham, SW6 2ST
The Spanish Wine Scholar (SWS) study and certification program is geared for members of the wine trade and avid Spanish wine enthusiasts. Successful candidates are conferred the Spanish Wine Scholar
Places remaining: 11
Date/Time: 15th Oct 2020 at 7pm
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham, SW6 2ST