Sherry & Tapas Tasting
"Wine School founder Jimmy is a Sherry nut... and uses the platform to try out some exciting new pairings. Jimmy pushed the experimental envelope with his matches pairing the Manzanilla with sardines and apple - It worked suprisingly well!" (Drinks Business Magazine, Lucy Shaw)
Book now to secure your place on the exciting, informative and fun Sherry and Tapas tasting.
Andalucia in South Spain houses both the home of Sherry, Jerez de la Frontera and the home of tapas, Sevilla. The complexity and diversity of both make them fantastic candidates for some of the most interesting, informative and fun wine and food matching. Our Sherry & Tapas Tastings include practical demonstrations of how different food elements combine with differing styles of wine. A selection of 7 delicious sherries are tasted with different types of tapas.
At a Sherry & Tapas Tasting you'll be matching:
- Aperitif Moscatel with mixed fruit salad and strawberries
- Dry Manzanilla with sardines and apple (Heston B recipe)
- Dry Fino with olives, walnuts & almonds
- Dry Amontillado with pecorino/manchego cheese drizzled in honey & bread with hazlenut oil
- Palo Cortado with serrano ham and gingerbread
- Sweet Oloroso with fruit cake & a slice of stilton
- and the uber-sweet Pedro Ximenez drizzled over vanilla ice cream & dark chocolate
Two of the Sherries are VERY OLD fine & rare styles that are simply stunning.
Places remaining: 13
Course Date/Time: Wed 19th Sep 2018 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham