Wonderful Rioja with Miguel Merino JR
Wine school owner and Chief Taster Jimmy Smith visited the excellent Miguel Merino in August 2017 and was so impressed that he begged and pleaded to get Miguel Merino Jr to the school for a wonderful evening of excellent vintage Rioja. He has obliged, and for one Friday evening Miguel will lead through a stellar line-up including a 2004 Gran Reserva out of magnum.
Bodegas Miguel Merino
Miguel Merino created his own winery in a restored farmhouse where he built a small vinification plant and barrel-ageing cellar. He started to buy grapes grown on small plots near Briones to produce well-made, modern wines and now owns and runs one of the smallest, youngest and most prestigious wineries in Spain.
Wines on Tasting (6):
- Miguel Merino Mazuelo de la Quinta Cruz 2013 (£27)
- Miguel Merino Vitola Reserva 2009 (£30)
- Miguel Merino Reserva 2010 (£32)
- Miguel Merino Gran Reserva 2009 (£43)
- Miguel Merino Gran Reserva 2004 (£90 magnum)
- Miguel Merino Unnum 2010 - £22.50 ex vat/btl (£40)
Tasting includes a charming presentation from winemaker Miguel Merino Jr, six wines, tasting sheets/notes and nibbles.
Places remaining: 17
Course Date/Time: Fri 1st Dec 2017 at 7pm
Duration: 1.5 hours
Venue: Fulham Wine Cellars