WSET Level 3 Award in Wine - Monday Evenings
Monday Evenings for 12 sessions starting 17th September (every week)
This well-structured and in-depth Level 3 certificate is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain comprehensive knowledge of wines and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting as tasting will be part of the examinations. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification and provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the Diploma Level 4.
If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
Evening Sessions - who are they designed for?
- We run evening sessions for those who can not sacrifice a weekend or are busy working in the hospitality trade at weekends or those who work during the week
- The sessions run for 2-3 hours, starting at 7pm and finishing at 9-10pm
- There are 11 taught sessions and an exam session, spread out over 3 months. This enables you to learn this very challenging syllabus over a longer time period (many students have transferred in the past from the shorter format to this longer format). The final exam day is 7pm - 10pm.
Course Outline (all Monday evenings)
- 17th September - Introduction to Tasting
- 24th September - Natural Factors in the vineyard
- 1st October - Human Factors in the winery
- 8th October - White Wines of Alsace/Germany/Austria/Tokaji
- 15th October - White Wines of Burgundy/Loire/Bordeaux and Red/Rose of Loire/Bordeaux/SW France
- 22nd October - Red Wines of Burgundy/Beaujolais and Red/Whites of N Rhone
- 29th October - Red/Rose Wines of S Rhone/S France, Red Wines of Med Spain and White Wines of Spain/Portugal Red Wines of N Spain, Red/White Wines of N Italy
- 5th November - Red Wines of C/S Italy/Portugal/Greece and Premium Red Wines of New World
- 12th November - Premium White Wines of New World and Regional Specialities of the New World
- 19th November - Sparkling Wines
- 26th November - Fortified Wines and Feedback Tasting Test
- 3rd December - Examination
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; Course manual, Study Guide, Specification book and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 70 wines)
- All course handouts (we have a comprehensive database of past exam papers/practice questions)
- All course tuition
- Examination Papers (Theory Multiple Choice & Written plus Tasting Paper)
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Mon 17th Sep 2018 at 7pm
Duration: 12 sessions (over 13
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham