Join us for an exciting evening as we taste our way through some of the best wines that Australia has to offer.
Australia has come a long way in terms of quality and innovation since their wine-making days began in the early 1800's. Australia is often pigeonholed as having a hot climate for wine production, but this is far from reality. There are fantastic pockets of cooler climates around this country that produce superb, elegant wines ranging from festive fizz to mineral Rieslings and crisp, lean Chardonnay.
This tasting will help demonstrate the range of climates found in Australia and therefor the huge range of wines that this vibrant country has on offer. We won't just be focussing on the cooler climate wines, the classic Australian Cabernet Sauvignon and bold Shiraz will also be out in full force!
If you have found yourself steering clear of Australian wines due to one to many glasses of oaked Chardonnay back in the day, then this tasting is for you! It will convince you that the wines have changed dramatically and there is an abundance of quality on offer.
The line-up will include:
- Jansz NV, Tasmania
- Voyager Estate Semillon Sauvignon Blanc 2013, Margaret River
- Kangarilla Road Chardonnay 2013, Adelaide Hills
- Yalumba Y Series Viognier 2013, SA
- Plantagenet The Lioness Pinot Noir 2012, Great Southern
- Mitolo Jester Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, McLaren Vale
- Willunga 100 Olive Branch Cabernet Shiraz 2010, McLaren Vale
- D’Arenberg Footbolt Shiraz 2011, McLaren Vale
- All Saints Estate Rutherglen Muscat NV
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Thu 9th Apr 2015 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham