WSET Level 2 Award: Saturdays
Saturdays for three sessions starting 12th May over 3 weeks.
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 certificate and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority (NQCF) as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Saturday Courses - who are they designed for?
- We run Saturday sessions for those who have a busy schedule in London and are unable to sacrifice a working day.
- The sessions run for 5 hours, starting at 11am and finishing at 4pm, which enables you plenty of time to arrive punctually and enough time to enjoy your Saturday evening
- There are 3 full sessions and an exam session, spread out over 4 weeks. At the end of the final day is the exam (final day 11-6pm)
Course Outline (all Saturdays):
- 12th MAY - Session 1 - Tasting Technique, Grapegrowing & Winemaking
- 19th MAY - Session 2 - Grape Varieties
- 26th MAY - Session 3 - Italy, Spain & Portugal, Sparkling, Sweet and Fortified wines, Revision and the 1-hour Exam. (11-6pm)
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including: Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 30-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Course tutor: Quentin Sadler
Places remaining: 13
Course Date/Time: Sat 12th May 2018 at 11am to 4:30pm
Duration: 5 hrs (3 days)
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham