WSET Level 2 Award Condensed Course
Four sessions over four consecutive days starting 15th August 2017
Registration closes 2nd August 2017
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies. The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
- The term 'condensed' is due to the shorter nature of the course (over four consecutive days) - the amount of content is exactly the same as a normal course.
- Registration closes for this course on Wednesday 2nd August (if you do wish to register after this date you will be required to pay a late fee of £25 - please email email@example.com to see if we can register you)
CONDENSED COURSES - WHO ARE THEY FOR?
- We run the condensed course for those who which to obtain this achievable certificate in a quick turnaround
- The sessions run for 5 hours, starting at 11am and finishing at 4:30pm, spread over four days
- There are 3 full sessions spread out over 3 consecutive days. The final exam day is 11am - 3pm.
COURSE OUTLINE (all in one week):
- Tuesday 15th August - Session 1 - Tasting Technique, Grapegrowing & Winemaking
- Wednesday 16th August - Session 2 - Grape Varieties
- Thursday 17th August - Session 3 - Italy, Spain & Portugal, Sparkling & Sweet, Fortified & Spirits
- Friday 18th August - Exam - Recap & Exam
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEE?
- All WSET course materials including: Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 30-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Please note: registration for this course closes on Tuesday 2nd August as exams must be ordered in due time (if you do wish to register after this date you will be required to pay a late fee of £25).
Study Materials: For the condensed course we will post your study pack to you in advance. Please note that postage can take up to 10 working days. Please let us know the best address for your study pack to be sent too. The delivery will require a signature upon arrival.
Educational Needs: Please make the School aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
VAT Receipts: Available on request- simply email us after your purchase
Course tutor: Shane Jones
Places remaining: 15
Course Date/Time: Tue 15th Aug 2017 at 11am
Duration: 5 hrs (4 days)
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham