WSET Level 2 Award: Wednesday Evenings
Wednesday evenings for six sessions starting 17th January
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies. The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority (NQCF) as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Evening Courses - who are they designed for?
- We run evening sessions for those who are unable to sacrifice a working day or a weekend.
- The sessions run for 2.5 hours, starting at 7pm
- There are 6 evening sessions. At the end of the final session is the exam (final session 2-2.5 hours)
Course Outline (all Wednesday evenings):
- 17th January - Session 1 - Introduction & Tasting Technique
- 24th January - Session 2 - Grapegrowing, Winemaking, Labelling
- 31st January - Session 3 - Grape Varieties 1 & 2 (3 hours)
- 7th February - Session 4 - Grape Varieties 3 (3 hours)
- 14th February - Session 5 - Sparkling & Sweet wines, Fortified Wines
- 21st February - Session 6 - Revision and Examination
Whats included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including: Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 30-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Course tutor: Shane Jones
Places remaining: 6
Course Date/Time: Wed 17th Jan 2018 at 7pm
Duration: 2.5 hours, 6 session
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham