WSET Level 3 Award in Wine: Condensed
Five consecutive days (Monday to Friday) in one week.
Registration closes Thursday 16th November
This well-structured and in-depth Advanced certificate is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain comprehensive knowledge of wines and spirits and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting as tasting will be part of the examinations. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification and provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the Diploma Level 4.
If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
- The term 'condensed' is due to the shorter nature of the course (over five consecutive days) - the amount of content is exactly the same as a normal Saturday/Monday course.
- Please be aware that this is a very in-depth course compressed into a shorter time-frame. This course is ideally for those that have studied the book beforehand and/or have wine industry experience.
- Registration closes for this course on Thursday 16th Nov (if you do wish to register after this date you will be required to pay a late fee of £25 - please email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can register you)
For the condensed course we will post your study pack to you in advance. Please note that postage can take up to 10 working days. Plesae let us know the best address for your study pack to be sent too. The delivery will require a signature upon arrival.
L3 CONDENSED COURSES - WHO ARE THEY FOR?
- We run the condensed course for those who wish to obtain the Level 3 award in a quick turnaround, ideally for those who have a sound understanding of wine or those that passed the Level 2 Award with Merit/Distinction.
- The sessions run for 8 hours, starting at 9am and finishing at 5pm for five consecutive days (Monday to Friday)
- The final day is the examination, with revision sessions in the morning (going through mock question papers)
COURSE OUTLINE (all in one week 27/11 to 01/12):
- 27/11 - Introduction to Tasting, Viticulture, Vinification
- 28/11 - White Wines of Alsace/Germany/Austria/Tokaji, White Wines of Burgundy/Loire/Bordeaux, Red/Rose of Loire/Bordeaux/SW France, Red Wines of Burgundy/Beaujolais, Red/Whites of N Rhone
- 29/11 - Red/Rose Wines of S Rhone/S France, Red Wines of Med Spain, White Wines of Spain/Portugal, Red Wines of N Spain, Red/White Wines of N Italy, Red Wines of C/S Italy/Portugal/Greece,
- 30/11 - Premium Red/White Wines of New World, Regional Specialities of the New World, Sparkling WinesFortified Wines,
- 01/12 - Feedback Tasting Test, Revision, Examination (from 2pm)
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEE?
- All WSET course materials including; Course manual, Study Guide, Specification book and Tasting Card (these will be posted to you as soon as you pay for your place)
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 50 wines)
- All course handouts (we have a comprehensive database of past exam papers/practice questions)
- All course tuition
- Examination Papers (Theory Multiple Choice & Written plus Tasting Paper)
- Special Educational Needs: Please make the School aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia
VAT Receipts: Available on request- simply email us after your purchase
Course tutor: Jimmy Smith
Jimmy has 12 years industry experience teaching WSET, training over 4000+ students through both the L2 and L3 certificates. With high pass rates across both certifcates and number of students gaining scholarships from Jimmy's courses, they are thoroughly enjoyable but informative and educational with ample course material available designed by Jimmy. West London Wine School has been nominated by WSET as best educator of the year in 2012 and 2014, and joint winner in 2015.
REVIEW: “WSET Level 3 condensed - intense but BRILLIANT!” I recently attended the 5-day condensed WSET level 3 course under Jimmy Smith. While the volume of detail was intimidating, the learning under Jimmy made it thoroughly enjoyable. He is friendly and fun and creates a fantastic learning environment. Most notable, is Jimmy's encyclopedic knowledge when it comes to the world of wine. Regions, climates, soils, grape varieties, wine making techniques - Jimmy has them covered! The class was great fun and my fellow students all immersed themselves in the experience. We covered a tremendous amount of ground, but Jimmy made sure that we followed the content in great detail and were well-prepared for the exams at the end of the week. I can't recommend the West London Wine School enough, the facilities are great and, under the incredible Jimmy Smith, you will learn a lot about this wondrous drink called wine (Nick Dray, TripAdvisor 15/05/2017)
Places remaining: 15
Course Date/Time: Mon 27th Nov 2017 at 9am
Duration: 8.5 hours for 5 days
Venue: Fulham Wine Cellars