WSET Level 2 Award: Saturdays
Saturdays for three sessions starting 9th June
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 certificate and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority (NQCF) as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
SATURDAY COURSES - WHO ARE THEY FOR?
- We run Saturday sessions for those who have a busy schedule in London unable to sacrifice a working day.
- There are 3 full sessions spread out over 3 weeks.
- The first two sessions run for 5 hours, starting at 11am and finishing at 4pm, which enables you plenty of time to arrive punctually and enough time to enjoy your Saturday evening.
- The exam occurs at the end of the final session (final day 11am-6pm).
COURSE OUTLINE (all Saturdays):
- 9th June - Session 1 - Tasting Technique, Grapegrowing & Winemaking
- 16th June - Session 2 - Grape Varieties
- 23rd June - Session 3 - Italy, Spain & Portugal, Sparkling & Sweet wines, Fortified Wines & Spirits. 1-hour Exam. (11-6pm)
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- All WSET course materials including: Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 30-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Special Educational Needs: Please make the School aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
VAT Receipts: Available on request- simply email us after your purchase
Course tutor: Shane Jones
Places remaining: 14
Course Date/Time: Sat 9th Jun 2018 at 11am
Duration: 6 hrs (3 days)
Venue: Fulham Wine Cellars