WSET Level 2 Award Condensed Course
Four sessions over four consecutive days starting 20th March 2018
Registration closes Thursday 8th March 2018
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Please note; the term 'condensed' is due to the shorter nature of the course (over four consecutive days) - the amount of content is exactly the same as a normal course.
Please note; registration closes for this course on Thursday 8th March 2018 (if you do wish to register after this date you will be required to pay a late fee of £25 - please email email@example.com to see if we can register you)
Condensed Courses - who are they designed for?
- We run the condensed course for those who which to obtain this achievable certificate with a quick turnaround
- The sessions run for 5 hours, starting at 11am and finishing at 4:30pm, spread over four days
- There are 3 full sessions spread out over 3 consecutive days. The final exam day is 11am - 3pm.
Course Outline (all in one week):
- Tuesday 20th March 2018 - Session 1: Tasting Technique, Grapegrowing & Winemaking
- Wednesday 21st March 2018 - Session 2: Grape Varieties
- Thursday 22nd March 2018 - Session 3: Italy, Spain & Portugal, Sparkling & Sweet, Fortified & Spirits
- Friday 23rd March 2018 - Exam: Recap & Exam
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including: Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 30-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Please note; registration for this course closes on Thursday 29th June as exams must be ordered in due time (if you do wish to register after this date you will be required to pay a late fee of £25).
STUDY MATERIALS: For the condensed course we will post your study pack to you in advance. Please note that delivery of the course study pack can take up to 10 working days from the receipt of the student's postal address confirmation. Please note that the delivered materials will require a signature upon arrival. All study packs are posted via Royal Mail, First Class, Signed For to all UK addresses. Arrangements can be made for International postage of course materials.
Course tutor: Quentin Sadler
Places remaining: 5
Course Date/Time: Tue 20th Mar 2018 at 11am
Duration: 5 hrs (4 days)
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham