WSET Level 2 Award: Wednesday Evenings
Wednesday evenings for six sessions starting 25th April
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies. The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority (NQCF) as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
EVENING COURSES - WHO ARE THEY FOR?
- We run evening sessions for those who are unable to sacrifice a working day or a weekend.
- The sessions run for 2.5 hours, starting at 7pm
- There are 6 evening sessions. At the end of the final session is the exam (final session 2-2.5 hours)
COURSE OUTLINE (all Wednesday evenings):
- 25th April - Session 1 - Introduction & Tasting Technique
- 2nd May - Session 2 - Grapegrowing, Winemaking, Labelling
- 9th May - Session 3 - Grape Varieties 1 & 2 (3 hours)
- 16th May - Session 4 - Grape Varieties 3 (3 hours)
- 23rd May - Session 5 - Sparkling & Sweet wines, Fortified Wines
- 30th May - Session 6 - Revision and Examination
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEE?
- All WSET course materials including: Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 30-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Tutor: Shane Jones
REVIEW: "Passed with Distinction all thanks to Shane!" 'Every week I looked forward to traveling to my WSET course, always feeling welcome and not judged for my level of knowledge on wine. This has been a springboard into the world of wine for me and I now manage a wine shop in Putney!! Amazing, couldn't give these guys any more praise' (Ben W, via TripAdvisor)
Places remaining: 11
Course Date/Time: Wed 25th Apr 2018 at 7pm
Duration: 2.5 hours
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham