WSET Level 2 Award Condensed Course
Four sessions over four consecutive days starting 30th April
Registration closes on Wednesday 17th April
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Please note; the term 'condensed' is due to the shorter nature of the course (over four days) - the amount of content is exactly the same as a normal course.
Please note; registration closes for this course on Wednesday 10th April (if you do wish to register after this date you will be required to pay a late fee of £15)
Condensed Courses - who are they designed for?
- We run the condensed course for those who which to obtain this achievable certificate in a quick turnaround
- The sessions run for 5 hours, starting at 10:30am and finishing at 4pm, spread over four days
- There are 3 full sessions spread out over 3 consecutive days. The final exam day is 11am - 2pm.
Course Outline (all in one week)
- Tuesday 30th Apr - Session 1 - Tasting Technique, Grapegrowing & Winemaking
- Wednesday 1st May - Session 2 - Grape Varieties
- Thursday 2nd May - Session 3 - Italy, Spain & Portugal, Sparkling & Sweet, Fortified & Spirits
- Friday 3rd May - Exam - Recap & Exam
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide, Specification book and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 30-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Study Materials; your Intermediate Study Pack will be mailed to you approximately 1-2 weeks prior to the course start date. Please supply your postal address and date of birth when booking.
Course tutor: Quentin Sadler
Places Available: 4
Course Date/Time: Tue 30th Apr 2013 at 11am
Duration: 5 hrs (4 days)
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham