WSET Level 2 Award: Sundays
Sundays for three sessions starting 22nd Sept over 3 weeks
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 certificate and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
We have launched Sunday courses as our Saturday courses sell out very quickly.
Sunday Courses - who are they designed for?
- We run Sunday sessions for those who have a busy schedule in London unable to sacrifice a working weekday.
- The sessions run for 5 hours, starting at 11am and finishing at 4pm, which enables you plenty of time to arrive punctually and enough time to enjoy your relaxing Sunday evening
- There are 3 full sessions and an exam session, spread out over 4 weeks. At the end of the final day is the exam (final day 11-6pm)
Course Outline (all Sundays):
- 22nd Sept - Session 1 - Tasting Technique, Grapegrowing & Winemaking
- 29th Sept - Session 2 - Grape Varieties
- 6th Oct - Session 3 - Italy, Spain & Portugal, Sparkling & Sweet wines, Fortified Wines & Spirits. 1-hour Exam. (11-6pm)
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide, Specification book and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 30-35 wines)
- All course handouts (including our Mock Papers)
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Course tutor: Sunday School headmistress Cherie Agnew
Places Available: 15
Course Date/Time: Sun 22nd Sep 2013 at 11am
Duration: 6 hrs (3 days)
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham