WSET Level 2 Award - Tuesday Evenings
Tuesday evenings for six sessions starting 13th March 2018
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies. The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority (NQCF) as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Evening Courses - who are they designed for?
- We run evening sessions for those who are unable to sacrifice a working day or a weekend.
- The sessions run for 2.5 hours, starting at 7pm
- There are 6 evening sessions. At the end of the final session is the exam (final session 2-2.5 hours)
Course Outline (all Tuesday evenings):
- 13th March - Session 1 - Introduction & Tasting Technique
- 20th March - Session 2 - Grapegrowing, Winemaking, Labelling
- 27th March - Session 3 - Grape Varieties 1 & 2 (3 hours)
- 3rd April - Session 4 - Grape Varieties 3 (3 hours)
- 10th April - Session 5 - Sparkling & Sweet wines, Fortified Wines
- 17th April - Session 6 - Revision and Examination
Whats included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including: Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 30-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Course tutor: Shane Jones
Places remaining: 20
Course Date/Time: Tue 13th Mar 2018 at 7pm
Duration: 2.5 hours, 6 session
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham