WSET Level 2 Award: Condensed Course
Four sessions over four consecutive days starting 17th October
Registration closes Friday 6th October.
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
- The term 'condensed' is due to the shorter nature of the course (over four days) - the amount of content is exactly the same as a normal Saturday/Sunday courses.
- Registration closes for this course on Friday 6th October (if you do wish to register after this date you will be required to pay a late fee of £25 - but please email us before booking on firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can still register you)
Condensed Courses - who are they designed for?
- We run the condensed course for those who which to obtain this achievable certificate in a quick turnaround
- The sessions run for 5 hours, starting at 11am and finishing at 4:30pm, spread over four days
- There are 4 full sessions spread out over 4 consecutive days. The final exam day is 11am - 2pm.
Course Outline (all in one week):
- Tuesday 17th Oct - Session 1 - Tasting Technique, Grapegrowing, Winemaking, labelling
- Wednesday 18th Oct - Session 2 - Grape Varieties
- Thursday 19th Oct - Session 3 - Italy, Spain & Portugal, Sparkling & Sweet, Fortified
- Friday 20th Oct - Session 4 - Revision & 1 Hour Exam
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including: Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 30-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Please note; registration for this course closes on Friday 6th October as exams must be ordered in due time (if you do wish to register after this date you will be required to pay a late fee of £25).
What Happens next?
- Study Materials; your study pack will be mailed to you approximately 1-2 weeks prior to the course start date
- Date of Birth; please provide your date of birth when booking
For the condensed course we will post your study pack to you in advance. Please note that postage can take up to 10 working days. Please let us know the best address for your study pack to be sent too. The delivery will require a signature upon arrival.
Course tutor: Shane Jones
Places remaining: 15
Course Date/Time: Tue 17th Oct 2017 at 11am
Duration: 5 hrs (4 days)
Venue: Fulham Wine Cellars