Saturday Introduction to Wine 13th January
Join us for a Introduction to Wine day course, starting with a Champagne aperitif at 11am, a delicious two-course lunch (overlooking Chelsea Harbour) and 13 fantastic wines to taste before finishing at 4:30pm. A day of decadence!
“Great fun, great wines” 5 of 5 stars Reviewed 26 July 2013 by Twinkly "We've not been disappointed yet after attending several courses at the west London wine school in the past year or so. It's great that they give us a chance to taste some wines we might never get a chance to try, and there's not been a bad choice yet. I'd thoroughly recommend their courses to anyone wanting to improve their existing knowledge about wine, or even for a novice" (via Trip Advisor)
- Session 1a: Introduction to Wine Tasting - How to taste wines; aroma, taste, describing wines with West London Wine School's 'easy approach' to wine tasting
- Session 1b: Improve your senses with the Nez du Vin & recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Session 2: The Effect of Climate - hot versus cool & Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- Session 3: How Wine is Made - grapes, fermentation
- Session 4a: Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others
- Session 4b: Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- Session 5: Old World Classics (France, Italy, Spain) vs New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California)
- Session 6: Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
- Tutored Tasting of 13 Wines (including Rose for lunch), full tasting notes, tasting tongue chart
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- How to spot wine faults
This is a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and taste world-class wines with a lunch crammed in too! Included in this fantastic experience is a two course lunch on the bank of the River Thames overlooking Chelsea Harbour at “The Waterside” Fulham.
Places remaining: 22
Course Date/Time: Sat 13th Jan 2018 at 11-4:30pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham