Saturday Introduction to Wine
Join us for a Introduction to Wine day course, starting with a Champagne aperitif at 11am, a delicious two-course lunch and 13 fantastic wines to taste before finishing at 4:30pm. A day of decadence!
“Great fun, great wines” 5 of 5 stars "We've not been disappointed yet after attending several courses at the west London wine school in the past year or so. It's great that they give us a chance to taste some wines we might never get a chance to try, and there's not been a bad choice yet. I'd thoroughly recommend their courses to anyone wanting to improve their existing knowledge about wine, or even for a novice" (via Trip Advisor)
- Session 1a: Introduction to Wine Tasting - How to taste wines; aroma, taste, describing wines with West London Wine School's 'easy approach' to wine tasting
- Session 1b: Improve your senses with the Nez du Vin & recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Session 2: The Effect of Climate - hot versus cool & Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- Session 3: How Wine is Made - grapes, fermentation
- Session 4a: Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others
- Session 4b: Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- Session 5: Old World Classics (France, Italy, Spain) vs New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California)
- Session 6: Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
- Tutored Tasting of 13 Wines (including Rose for lunch), full tasting notes, tasting tongue chart
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- How to spot wine faults
This is a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and taste world-class wines with a lunch crammed in too! Included in this fantastic experience is a two course lunch at the award-winning Sands End which is a short three minute walk from the wine school.
Places remaining: 23
Course Date/Time: Sat 21st Jul 2018 at 11-4:30pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham