WSET Level 3 Award: Saturdays
Saturdays for 6 sessions starting 8th April
This well-structured and in-depth Level 3 certificate is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain comprehensive knowledge of wines and spirits and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting as tasting will be part of the examinations. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification and provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the Diploma Level 4.
If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
SATURDAY SESSIONS - WHO ARE THEY DESIGNED FOR?
- We run Saturday sessions for those who can not sacrifice a working weekday
- The sessions run for 7 to 8 hours, starting at 10am and finishing at 5:30pm, which enables you plenty of time to arrive punctually and enough time to enjoy your valued Saturday evening
- There are 6 full sessions (every 4 weeks) and an exam session, spread out over 6 months. This enables you to learn this very challenging syllabus (many students have transferred in the past from the shorter format to this longer format). The final exam day is 10am - 2pm.
COURSE OUTLINE (all Saturdays)
- 8th April - DAY 1 - Session 1: Course starter & tasting technique
Session 2: Natural factors and human influences in the vineyard
Session 3: Human influences in the winery
- 6th May - DAY 2 - Session 4: White wines of Alsace, Germany, Austria and Tokaji
Session 5: White wines of Burgundy, Loire and Bordeaux
Session 6: Red/rosé of Loire, Bordeaux and south west France
- 3rd June - DAY 3 - Session 7: Red wines of Burgundy, Beaujolais and red/whites of the N Rhône
Session 8: Red/white/rosé wines of S Rhône/S France Red wines of Spain part 1 and white wines of Spain and Portugal
Session 9: Red wines of N Spain and red/white wines of N Italy
- 1st July - DAY 4 - Session 10: Red/white wines of central and southern Italy; Red wines of Portugal and red/white wines of Greece
Session 11: Premium red wines of New Zealand, USA and Australia
Session 12: Premium whites of New Zealand, S Africa, Australia, USA, Canada
- 29th July - DAY 5 - Session 13: Regional specialities of Australia, South Africa and USA; Premium red/white wines of Argentina and Chile
Session 14: Sparkling wines
Session 15: Fortified wines
Session 16: Feedback Tasting Test
- 26th August - DAY 6 - Examination
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEE?
- All WSET course materials including; Course manual, Study Guide, Specification book and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 70 wines)
- All course handouts (we have a comprehensive database of past exam papers/practice questions)
- All course tuition
- Examination Papers (Theory Multiple Choice & Written plus Tasting Paper)
Course tutor: Jimmy Smith (School founder - nominated WSET Wine Educator of the Year 2012 and 2014, winner 2015)
Jimmy has 12 years industry experience teaching WSET, training over 3500+ students through both the L2 and L3 certificates. With high pass rates across both certifcates and number of students gaining scholarships from Jimmy's courses, they are thoroughly enjoyable but informative and educational with ample course material available designed by Jimmy.
Places remaining: 6
Course Date/Time: Sat 8th Apr 2017 at 10am
Duration: 7-8 hours
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham