8 week Introduction to the World of Wine (Kensington)
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR?
The introductory 8 week Wonderful World of Wine Course is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not need any previous experience, the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
"I completed the 8 week introductory wine course - what a brilliant course! Relaxed evenings with some fantastic wines to taste (and yummy cheese and nibbles!). I would highly recommend this course - and have done so to all my friends" (Lucy, 8-week Course November 2011)
What if I have to miss a session? We understand most Londoners have a hectic schedule therefore the course is flexible and you can redeem missed sessions at a later date or send a subsitute. We run this course several times a year.
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the 8 Evenings:
• You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce.
• You will have been taught to assess, & taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine).
• During the 8 Evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (Tasting approx 60 wines)
• The wines tasted are available locally from specialists and supermarkets and with West London Wine School's link to the wine trade through Decanter Magazine we taste many wonderful wines
• Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods.
• You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Course Dates (all Tuesdays at Kensington Cafe Rouge):
• 17th Apr - France I
• 24th Apr - France II
• 1st May - Europe I
• 8th May - Europe II
• 15th May - New World I
• 22nd May - New World II
• 29th May - New World III
• 5th Jun - Sparkling & Sweet
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some food are all provided.
Please Note: Course Fee excludes cost of room hire, food and materials at £10 per evening.
Venue Address: Cafe Rouge (Private Room), 2 Lancer Square, Kensington, London. W8 4EH. Excellent transport links with Kensington High Street Station only a few minutes away.
Places Available: 8
Course Date/Time: Tue 17th Apr 2012 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hrs (8 evenings)
Venue: Cafe Rouge Kensington