Saturday Introduction to Wine: 5th May
Join us for a Introduction to Wine day course, starting with a decadent Champagne aperitif at 11am, a delicious two-course lunch and 13 wines to taste before finishing at 4:30pm.
REVIEW: “Stands out as being best in London for wine education and tasting. Having tried 5 other wine tasting and education places in London, this really does head and shoulders above all the others. And the tastings are very well put together with excellent choices of wines, and are great fun. They serve little snacky things too. Costs are actually remarkably reasonable for the quality. There are lots of choices of tastings and it seems to attract the after-work contingent, groups of friends and solo attendees." (wanita01 via Trip Advisor, August 2017)
- Session 1a: Introduction to Wine Tasting - How to taste wines; aroma, taste, describing wines with West London Wine School's 'easy approach' to wine tasting
- Session 1b: Improve your senses with the Nez du Vin & recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Session 2: The Effect of Climate - hot versus cool & Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- Session 3: How Wine is Made - grapes, fermentation
- Session 4a: Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others
- Session 4b: Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- Session 5: Old World Classics (France, Italy, Spain) vs New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California)
- Session 6: Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
- Tutored Tasting of 13 Wines (including Rose for lunch), full tasting notes, tasting tongue chart
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- How to spot wine faults
This is a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and taste world-class wines with a lunch crammed in too! Included in this fantastic experience is a two course lunch at the award-winning Sands End in Fulham, a short three minute walk from the wine school
Places remaining: 26
Course Date/Time: Sat 5th May 2018 at 11am-4:30pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham