8 Week Introduction to the World of Wine Course
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR?
The introductory 8 week World of Wine Course is our most popular course and is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not need any previous experience, the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
We understand most Londoners have a hectic schedule therefore the course is flexible and you can redeem missed sessions at a later date or send a subsitute to enjoy the wine in your place - make sure you get them to make notes!
Course Feedback: "I had been trying to learn wine for a long time, everytime I went to a wine tasting, it always made me feel that I am such a commoner in the world of wine. West London Wine School, however, made learning fun and relaxing. Our tutor made the Jargon in wine world so much easier. For first time I did not feel intimidated. The 8 week introductory wine course was certainly a good starting point for me, I am thinking to take next level up with WLWS." (Cindy, 8-Week course, from Google Reviews)
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the 8 Evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce.
- You will have been taught to assess, & taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine).
- During the 8 Evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions - tasting approx 60 wines
- The wines tasted are available locally from specialists and supermarkets and with West London Wine School's link to the wine trade through Decanter Magazine we taste many wonderful wines
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods.
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Course Dates (all Thursdays):
- 5th Sep - France I
- 12th Sep - France II
- 19th Sep - Europe I
- 26th Sep - Europe II
- 3rd Oct - New World I
- 10th Oct - New World II
- 17th Oct - New World III
- 24th Oct - Sparkling & Sweet
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes, tasting sheets, maps and some food are all provided.
Please Note: Course Fee excludes cost of room hire, food and materials at £10 per evening
Places Available: 20
Course Date/Time: Thu 5th Sep 2013 at 7pm
Duration: 2hrs (8 sessions)
Venue: The Wine Cellars