WSET Level 3 Award in Wines: Revision Day (Theory & Tasting)
WSET L3 Award in Wines: Revision Day (Theory & Tasting)
This day has been designed to help students prepare for their WSET Level 3 Award in Wines course. It is perfect for anyone who is looking for additional taught assistance prior to their scheduled WSET Level 3 exam, including re-sit students and/or those who have postponed their original course date. Please be advised that this day is to assist students revise and practice in preparation for their WSET Level 3 award in Wines examination.
Each Revision Day is comprised of two sessions. Session 1 is dedicated to Tasting revision, which occurs from 9am to 12:30pm. Session 2 is dedicated to Theory revision, which occurs from 1:30pm - 5pm. Each session can be booked individually in addition to the full day.
Session 1: Tasting Revision (9am - 12:30pm)
AIM: To enable the student to understand and comprehend the WSET L3 examination tasting process, with instrumental direction in completing the systematic approach to tasting to successfully complete the WSET L3 tasting examination.
- Part 1: Overview of the L3 systematic approach to tasting including key logical processes. (Timing: 30 mins)
- Part 2: Tutored in-depth tasting of eight typical examination wines with full examiner’s notes and detailed analysis led by an examiner. (Timing: 1 hour 30 mins). Typical wine styles covered during this revision session include: Beaujolais, Valpolicella, Rioja Reserva/Gran Reserva, Barolo, mature Haut-Medoc, oaked Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Sauternes, Sauvignon Blanc, Gewurztraminer
- BREAK: 15 minutess
- Part 3: Two mock examinations (each including one white and one red) that are marked in-class with comparison to the examiner’s notes. (Timing: 1 hour 15 minutes)
Session 2: Theory Revision (1:30pm - 5pm)
AIM: To enable the student to understand and comprehend the WSET L3 examination theoretical process, and how to correctly answer questions in order to successfully complete the WSET L3 theory examination.
- Part 1: Understanding WSET L3 theory questions (including reasoning why multiple choice is not in this session due to 90%+ pass rate, how questions are structured (natural factors, human factors, affect on style) and typical examination questions (emphasis on Fortified/Sparkling) and how to structure answers (including time allocation around 1 hour 30 mins) (1 hour)
- Part 2: Working examples of six typical WSET L3 theory questions led by a WSET L3 examiner with full understanding (1 hour 30 minutes)
- BREAK: 15 minutes
- Part 3: One mock examination comprised of two questions – questions will be marked off-site and posted back to candidates at their personal address (45 minutes)
Lunch is not provided, however there is a one hour break built into the day's schedule (between the Tasting & Theory revision), so students attending the full day can utilise this break for lunch accordingly.
THE FEE BELOW IS FOR THE FULL DAY REVISION (INCL. TASTING & THEORY)
The Revision Day fee does NOT include any fees to sit the actual WSET Level 3 Award in Wines exam. WSET Level 3 course study packs are not included in the Revision Day fee. All other materials utlised during this Revision Day, including use of West London Wine School's ISO glasses, are included in this course fee.
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Sat 4th Apr 2020 at 9am - 5pm
Duration: 1 Day
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham