WSET Level 3 Award in Wine: Saturdays
Saturdays for 6 sessions starting 13th June 2020
This well-structured and in-depth Level 3 certificate is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain comprehensive knowledge of wines and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting as tasting will be part of the examinations. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification and provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the Diploma Level 4.
If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
SATURDAY SESSIONS - WHO ARE THEY DESIGNED FOR?
- We run Saturday sessions for those who cannot sacrifice a working weekday
- The sessions run for 7 to 8 hours, starting at 10am and finishing at 5:30pm, which enables you plenty of time to arrive punctually and enough time to enjoy your valued Saturday evening
- There are 6 sessions (every 2 weeks; with the exception of the final Exam date due to the Easter bank holiday) including an exam session, spread out over 3 months. This enables you to learn this very challenging syllabus (many students have transferred in the past from the shorter format to this longer format). The final exam day is 10am - 2pm.
COURSE OUTLINE (all Saturdays)
13th June - DAY 1 - Session 1: Course starter & tasting technique
Session 2: Natural factors and human influences in the vineyard
Session 3: Human influences in the winery
27th June - DAY 2 - Session 4: White wines of Alsace, Germany, Austria and Tokaji
Session 5: White wines of Burgundy, Loire and Bordeaux
Session 6: Red/rosé of Loire, Bordeaux and south west France
11th July - DAY 3 - Session 7: Red wines of Burgundy, Beaujolais and red/whites of the N Rhône
Session 8: Red/white/rosé wines of S Rhône/S France Red wines of Spain (part 1) and white wines of Spain and Portugal
Session 9: Red wines of N Spain and red/white wines of N Italy
25th July - DAY 4 - Session 10: Red/white wines of central and southern Italy; Red wines of Portugal and red/white wines of Greece
Session 11: Premium red wines of New Zealand, USA and Australia
Session 12: Premium whites of New Zealand, S Africa, Australia, USA, Canada
8th August - DAY 5 - Session 13: Regional specialities of Australia, South Africa and USA; Premium red/white wines of Argentina and Chile
Session 14: Sparkling wines
Session 15: Fortified wines
Session 16: Feedback Tasting Test
22nd August - DAY 6 - Examination (Extra week break due to Easter Bank Holiday)
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEE?
- All WSET course materials including; Course manual, Study Guide, Specification book and Tasting Card
- Use of SENSUS professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 70 wines)
- All course handouts (we have a comprehensive database of past exam papers/practice questions)
- All course tuition
- Examination Papers (Theory Multiple Choice & Written plus Tasting Paper)
Recent Review: "Informed & Interesting Teaching from an Enthusiastic Educator" Had been pre-warned at just how intense the week would be. Despite studying for the recommended amount of time prior to beginning the course, I started my first day feeling like I was in over my head. Yet, remarkably, with each passing day I left the school happier and comfortable that I was able to process the vast amounts of information we were covering. I put this 100% down to Jimmy and his interesting and enthusiastic teaching style. It's clear to see that he loves doing what he does and what's more, he's very talented at it. I would recommend West London Wine School to anyone looking to learn more about wine (at an advanced or beginner level) and I myself look forward to taking further courses at the school (Tim M via Tripadvisor)
Recent Review: "Highly recommended" I attended the WSET 2 Course on Monday evenings. Ideal for a wine amateur who wants to structure his/her knowledge: Cherie is extremely knowledgeable and manages to keep a very rich content extremely engaging! Highly recommanded if you want to learn, have good time, and enjoy great wines at the same time :) (Sacha G via TripAdvisor)
Places remaining: 14
Course Date/Time: Sat 13th Jun 2020 at 10am-5:30pm
Duration: 6 Sessions (Every 2
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham