WSET Level 2 Award in Wines: Saturdays
Saturdays for three sessions starting 9th November 2019
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 certificate and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority (NQCF) as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Saturday Courses - who are they designed for?
- We run Saturday sessions for those who have a busy schedule in London unable to sacrifice a working day.
- The sessions run for 6 hours, starting at 10:30am and finishing at 4:30pm, which enables you plenty of time to arrive punctually and enough time to enjoy your Saturday evening. At the end of the final day is the exam (final day 10:30am-6pm).
- There are 3 full sessions and an exam session, spread out over 3 weeks.
Course Outline* (all Saturdays):
- 9th November 2019 - Session 1 - Tasting technique, grapegrowing, winemaking, labelling
- 16th November 2019 - Session 2 - Grape varieties
- 23rd November 2019 - Session 3 - Italy, Spain & Portugal, Sparkling & Sweet wines, Fortified wines and the 1-hour Exam. (10:30-6pm)
*Course schedule might vary slightly due to the individualised nature of each of our courses.
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including: Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 40 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Sat 9th Nov 2019 at 10:30am
Duration: 6 hrs (3 days)
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham