WSET Level 2 Award Condensed Course
Four sessions over four consecutive days starting TUESDAY 30TH JULY 2019
Registration closes on Thursday 18th July 2019.
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
- The term 'condensed' is due to the shorter nature of the course (over four days) - the amount of content is exactly the same as a normal Saturday/Sunday courses.
- Registration closes for this course on Thursday 18th July 2019 (if you do wish to register after this date you will be required to pay a late fee of £35 - but please email us before booking on firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can still register you)
Condensed Courses - who are they designed for?
- We run the condensed course for those who which to obtain this achievable certificate in a quick turnaround
- The sessions run for 6 hours, starting at 10:30am and finishing around 4:30pm
- There are 3 full sessions spread out over 3 consecutive days. The final exam day runs on the final day from 10:30am - 3pm.
Course Outline (all in one week)
- Tuesday 30th July 2019 - Session 1: Tasting technique; factors that influence the style of wine; food and wine pairing
- Wednesday 31st July 2019 - Session 2: Grape varieties
- Thursday 1st August 2019 - Session 3: Other whites and reds; sparkling; sweet & fortified
- Friday 2nd August 2019 - Revision & examination
What's included in the Course Fee?
- Course registration
- All WSET course materials including: Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 30-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
STUDY MATERIALS: For the condensed course we will post your study pack to you in advance. Please note that delivery of the course study pack can take up to 10 working days from the receipt of the student's postal address confirmation. Please note that the delivered materials will require a signature upon arrival. All study packs are posted via Royal Mail, First Class, Signed For to all UK addresses. Arrangements can be made for International postage of course materials, however a fee of £25 will be payable for delivery to any non-UK address.
Places remaining: 19
Course Date/Time: Tue 30th Jul 2019 at 10:30am - 4:30pm
Duration: 6 hrs/day (4 days)
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham