WSET Level 3 Award: Wednesday Day Release
Wednesdays for 6 sessions (six consecutive Wednesdays) starting 6th March
This well-structured and in-depth Level 3 certificate is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain comprehensive knowledge of wines and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting as tasting will be part of the examinations. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification and provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the Diploma Level 4.
If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
WEDNESDAY SESSIONS - WHO ARE THEY DESIGNED FOR?
- We run Wednesday day release sessions for those who would like to complete the course in 6 weeks
- The sessions run for 7 to 8 hours, starting at 9am and finishing no later than 4:30pm
- There are 5 full sessions (every Wednesday) and an exam session, spread out over 6 weeks. This enables you to learn this very challenging syllabus. The final exam day is 10am - 2pm.
PLEASE NOTE: It is still very much recommended that the course textbook is read and the study guide completed before this course begins.
COURSE OUTLINE (all Wednesdays)
- 6th March - DAY 1 - Session 1: Course starter & tasting technique
Session 2: Natural factors and human influences in the vineyard
Session 3: Human influences in the winery
- 13th March - DAY 2 - Session 4: White wines of Alsace, Germany, Austria and Tokaji
Session 5: White wines of Burgundy, Loire and Bordeaux
Session 6: Red/rosé of Loire, Bordeaux and south west France
- 20th March - DAY 3 - Session 7: Red wines of Burgundy, Beaujolais and red/whites of the N Rhône
Session 8: Red/white/rosé wines of S Rhône/S France Red wines of Spain part 1 and white wines of Spain and Portugal
Session 9: Red wines of N Spain and red/white wines of N Italy
- 27th March - DAY 4 - Session 10: Red/white wines of central and southern Italy; Red wines of Portugal and red/white wines of Greece
Session 11: Premium red wines of New Zealand, USA and Australia
Session 12: Premium whites of New Zealand, S Africa, Australia, USA, Canada
- 3rd April - DAY 5 - Session 13: Regional specialities of Australia, South Africa and USA; Premium red/white wines of Argentina and Chile
Session 14: Sparkling wines
Session 15: Fortified wines
- 10th April - DAY 6 - Session 16: Feedback Mock Tasting Test & Examination
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEE?
- All WSET course materials including; Course manual, Study Guide, Specification book and Tasting Card
- Use of SENSUS professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 65-70 wines)
- All course handouts (we have a comprehensive database of past exam papers/practice questions)
- All course tuition
- Examination Papers (Theory Multiple Choice & Written plus Tasting Paper)
Course tutor: Jimmy Smith (West London Wine School founder and head teacher) & Shane Jones
Places remaining: 15
Course Date/Time: Wed 6th Mar 2019 at 9am
Duration: 7-8 hours
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham