Grand Alsace Grand Crus with Shane Jones
This is a truly delightful evening showcasing the creme de la creme from Alsace, the Grand Crus, that express complex, delicious and long-lived styles. Riesling, Pinot Gris and Gewurztraminer will be eagerly tasted including a sweet style 'Vendanges Tardives'. This is really the highest category of quality from this exciting and unique wine region.
Alsace is an absolutely stunning region in Eastern France with a complex history entwined in German, Flemish and French. This produces a unique vinous region that is distinctly different to anywhere else in France. With only just over 15,000 hectares of vines (Bordeaux is 120,000) it is a small region that usually crafts good to outstanding wine, dominated by white grape varieties such as Riesling, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, Muscat and Gewurztraminer.
Grand Cru Wines on Tasting (8):
- Blanck Paul et Fils EARL Alsace Grand Cru Furstentum Riesling 2015
- Domaines Schlumberger Alsace Grand Cru Kessler Riesling 2014
- Agathe Bursin Alsace Grand Cru Zinnkoepflé Riesling 2015 Vendanges Tardives
- Paul Ginglinger Alsace Grand Cru Eichberg Pinot Gris 2014
- Domaine du Clos Saint Landelin - Véronique & Thomas Muré Alsace Grand Cru Vorbourg Gewurztraminer 2013 Lieu-dit "Clos Saint Landelin"
- SAS Charles Sparr Alsace Grand Cru Mambourg Gewurztraminer 2013
- Dopff "Au Moulin" Alsace Grand Cru Brand Gewurztraminer 2013 "de Turckheim"
- Maison Klipfel Alsace Grand Cru Kirchberg de Barr Pinot Gris 2016 "Clos Zisser"
Places remaining: 23
Course Date/Time: Thu 18th Apr 2019 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Fulham Wine Cellars