Exploring Alsace with Shane Jones
Alsace is an absolutely stunning region in Eastern France with a complex history entwined in German, Flemish and French. This produces a unique vinous region that is distinctly different to anywhere else in France. Grape varieties such as the regal Germanic Riesing are grown here amongst other favourites such as Gewurztraminer, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc and Muscat. The tasting will dive into all these varieties as well as discovering premier crus (lieux-dits) and grand crus. We'll also tuck into a Cremant (sparkling) as well as a Vendages Tardives (late harvest/sweet) and biodynamic wines. Famous estates such as Josmeyer, Cave de Ribeauville and Lorentz will be tasted as well as a host of up-and-coming producers.
Wine school tutor Shane Jones is an Alsatian fanatic who loves hosting these wonderful tastings and is lookig forward to guiding you through the long line-up below!
Wines on Tasting (8):
- Domaine du Moulin de Dusenbach Crémant d'Alsace NV Brut, 'Prestige' (Aperitif)
- Cave de Ribeauville Alsace Grand Cru Osterberg Riesling 2013
- Gustave Lorentz Alsace Riesling 2016 'Réserve'
- Josmeyer Alsace Pinot Gris 2014 'Le Fromenteau'
- Josmeyer Alsace Gewurztraminer 2014 'Les Folastries'
- Domaine Frédéric Mochel Alsace Pinot Blanc 2017
- Domaine du Moulin de Dusenbach Alsace Pinot Noir 2016 'Réserve'
- Maison Klipfel Alsace Muscat, Riesling, Pinot Blanc 2016 'Sushi K'
Places remaining: 24
Course Date/Time: Wed 9th Oct 2019 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Fulham Wine Cellars