Exploring Alsace with Shane Jones
Alsace is an absolutely stunning region in Eastern France with a complex history entwined in German, Flemish and French. This produces a unique vinous region that is distinctly different to anywhere else in France. Grape varieties such as the regal Germanic Riesing are grown here amongst other favourites such as Gewurztraminer, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc and Muscat. The tasting will dive into all these varieties as well as discovering premier crus (lieux-dits) and grand crus. We'll also tuck into a Cremant (sparkling) as well as a Vendages Tardives (late harvest/sweet) and biodynamic wines. Famous estates such as Hugel, Schlumberger and Lorentz will be tasted as well as a host of up-and-coming producers.
Wine school tutor Shane Jones is an Alsatian fanatic who loves hosting these wonderful tastings and is lookig forward to guiding you through the long line-up below!
Wines on Tasting (9!):
- Cave de Beblenheim Crémant d'Alsace NV Brut, "Oscar Truschel" (Sparkling aperitif)
- Domaine Zinck Alsace Riesling 2015 "Portrait"
- Famille Hugel Alsace Riesling 2011 Lieu-dit "Grossi Laüe" (Premier Cru)
- Famille Hugel Alsace Gewurztraminer 2010 Vendanges Tardives (Late Harvest - sweet)
- Domaines Schlumberger Alsace Grand Cru Kessler Riesling 2014 (Grand Cru)
- Gustave Lorentz Alsace Pinot Blanc 2016 "Évidence" Bio (Biodynamic)
- Arthur Metz Alsace Pinot Gris 2016 Vieilles Vignes (Old Vines)
- Domaine Loew Etienne Alsace Muscat 2016 Lieu-dit "Les marnes vertes" (Premier Cru)
- Domaine Moltes Alsace Pinot Noir 2017 "Tradition", Bio (Biodynamic)
Places remaining: 20
Course Date/Time: Fri 8th Mar 2019 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Fulham Wine Cellars