WSET Level 2 Award in Wines: Tuesday Evenings
Tuesday evenings for six sessions starting 12th November 2019
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies. The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority (NQCF) as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
EVENING COURSES - WHO ARE THEY DESIGNED FOR?
- We run evening sessions for those who are unable to sacrifice a working day or a weekend.
- The sessions run for 2.5 hours, starting at 7pm
- There are 6 evening sessions. At the end of the final session is the exam (final session 2-2.5 hours)
COURSE OUTLINE (ALL TUESDAY EVENINGS)
- 12th November 2019 - Session 1 - Introduction & Tasting Technique, Food and Wine Pairing
- 19th November 2019 - Session 2 - Factors that influence the quality, style and price of wine
- 26th November 2019 - Session 3 - Grape Varieties 1 & 2 (3 hours)
- 3rd December 2019- Session 4 - Grape Varieties 3 (3 hours)
- 10th December 2019 - Session 5 - Sparkling & Sweet wines, Fortified Wines
- 17th December 2019 - Session 6 - Revision and Examination
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEE?
- All WSET course materials including: Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 30-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Places remaining: 7
Course Date/Time: Tue 12th Nov 2019 at 7pm
Duration: 2.5 hours, 6 session
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham