Giro d'Italia 'Tour of Italy'
On our 'Giro d'Italia' we will taste a selection of the greatest wines produced from Italy ranging from the complex Chianti Classico to the structured Barolo. Italy is on the great countries in the world-wide wine arena, and this mouth-watering tasting will discover exactly why that is.
We will kick of proceedings with top-notch white varieties such as the refreshing Lugana, often lauded as the most elegant of styles from Italy, and Garganega (for Soave) with the region's leading producer Pieropan who are instigating the 'Cru' system in Soave with their 'Calvarinho.' We will then launch into a volley of truly classic Italian styles with the fine Sangiovese (for Chianti Classico and Brunello di Montalcino), the structured Nebbiolo (for Barolo), the powerful Aglianico (for Taurasi) and the uber-rich Corvina (for Amarone) before finishing on a stickie.
This is a truly great tasting, with an opportunity to taste the regal classics of the famous wine country of Italy in one evening!
Wines on Tasting (9):
- Cà dei Frati Lugana DOC (£13)
- Pieropan `Calvarinho` Soave Classico DOC (£20)
- Feudi di San Gregorio Cutuzzi Greco di Tufo DOCG (£25)
- Fontodi Chianti Classico DOCG (£20)
- Barolo DOCG Poderi Aldo Conterno (£40)
- Da Vinci Brunello di Montalcino DOCG (£40)
- Vesevo Taurasi DOCG (£40)
- Allegrini Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG (£50)
- Elio Perrone Moscato d'Asti DOCG (£10)
Places remaining: 18
Course Date/Time: Wed 27th Feb 2019 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham