Sherry & Tapas Tasting
Sorry SOLD OUT
"Jimmy is a Sherry nut... and uses the platform to try out some exciting new pairings. Jimmy pushed the experimental envelope with his matches pairing the Manzanilla with sardines and apple - It worked suprisingly well!" (Wine & The City Blog, Lucy Shaw March 2010)
Book now to secure your place on the exciting, informative and fun Sherry and Tapas tasting.
Andalucia in South Spain houses both the home of Sherry, Jerez de la Frontera and the home of tapas, Sevilla. The complexity and diversity of both make them fantastic candidates for some of the most interesting, informative and fun wine and food matching. Our Sherry & Tapas Tastings include practical demonstrations of how different food elements combine with differing styles of wine. A selection of 7-8 delicious sherries are tasted with different types of tapas.
At a Sherry & Tapas Tasting you'll be matching:
- Dry fino with olives and walnuts
- Dry Manzanilla with sardines and apple
- Dry amontillado with pecorino/manchego cheese drizzled in honey
- Dry oloroso with gingerbread (man!) and walnuts
- Palo Cortado with serrano ham
- Sweet oloroso with almond raisin cake
- and the uber-sweet Pedro Ximenez drizzled over vanilla ice cream (yum!)
If you still believe sherry is yesterday's tipple from generations passed and that it should only be seen at Christmas then this tasting will change your mind. This is the tasting that consistently surprises people and they often go forth with a new love for Sherry!
Places Available: 0
Course Date/Time: Wed 23rd Mar 2011 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham