BPET PRO Beer Sommelier - Level 2
Our industry-leading professional-level beer courses have been designed & developed with Master Cicerone® Rich Higgins, Master Cicerone® Mirella Amato, and Certified Cicerone® Jonny Tyson.
This Level 2 course has been designed specifically to prepare committed students for the Certified Cicerone® Exam.
The course runs for 5 full days from 9:30am to 5:30pm.
The course dates are 5 days:
- Monday 14th January 2019: Day 1
- Tuesday 15th January 2019: Day 2
- Monday 21st January 2019: Day 3
- Tuesday 22nd January 2019: Day 4
- Monday 28th January 2019: Day 5
We run this course over consecutive Mondays & Tuesdays as the sessions are aimed at those working in the industry, though are suitable for anyone with a serious passion for beer and are looking to take their knowledge to the next level.
During this 40 hour course, students will receive a thorough and professional education in:
- Beer Ingredients - varieties of hops, malts, minerology, yeast strains, etc...and their effect on flavour profile
- Brewing - Malting, Mashing techniques, hopping schedules, fermentation and how the creation of flavours is achieved
- Flavour analysis and description - Professional assessment vs customer friendly descriptions
- Beer styles - 75 styles covered. Comparative tastings and descriptors, history and development
- Beer service and storage - Understanding draught systems, service standards - quality assessment - key off-flavours, their causes and prevention
- Food pairing - Full food pairing course with comparative tasting exercises
- Tasting - Approx. 130 different beers are tasted and assessed
- Preparation for Certified Cicerone exam - 3 hour theory, 30 minute practical demonstration and 12 beer blind tasting including off-flavour identification
On top of all this, the course is a perfect opportunity to meet and network with fellow beer professionals and enthusiasts.
- 5 Full days - Tutored tasting approximately 130 different styles of local & International beers
- BPET Pro Beer Sommelier Course Full colour manual
Please Note: These courses are not affiliated with or endorsed by the Cicerone Certification Program.
The number of breweries and the range of beers available in the UK has never been more exciting - so why not make the most of this opportunity - and get qualified!
Places remaining: 4
Course Date/Time: Mon 14th Jan 2019 at 9:30am-5:30pm x 5 da
Duration: 8 hrs x 5 days
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham