London Wine Tastings - Welcome to West London Wine School
A very warm welcome to West London Wine School - an independent wine education company. We run wine tastings in London and wine courses in London for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. No previous wine tasting experience is necessary. Wine tasting in London for everyone, in the heart of West London - Fulham and Kensington.
We were nominated as the Wine & Spirit Education Trust Educator of the Year for 2012 and 2014 and joint-winner in 2015 - click here to view our WSET courses
We were the winner of the Best French Wine Educator of 2017 - click here to view our FWS courses
Listed by Timeout magazine, Decanter wine magazine & Jancis Robinson as one of the best places to learn about wine in London and is approved by the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) to offer its Level 1 to 3 Awards in Wines and Spirits. In July 2010 we were accredited as an official Bordeaux Wine Educator from the Ecole du Vin de Bordeaux, and in 2015 accredited by the French Wine Society. Click here to download a review from JancisRobinson.com.
Read our latest Trip Advisor reviews for wine tastings in London
"WLWS is simply the most fun, non-stuffy and laid-back way of learning about wine! They teach with so much passion and energy that you just want to keep coming back for more! By now I've done the 8-week introduction course, a 4 week regional course, a wine trip and many many one-night tastings but have already signed up for the next one!" (Barbara, 28/05/13 via Trip Advisor)
The wine courses and wine tastings focus on enjoying wine and learning more in a relaxed and informal setting, with friendly people. We help people enjoy wine that little drop more. If you know what you like and want to find out why, our courses provide the answer.
And as we are not affiliated to any wine merchants or retailers we offer unbiased and independent advice on your wine needs. The wine course for everyone! All our tastings & courses are also available as Gift Vouchers.
Our national network of friendly Wine Schools offer wine courses & tastings at other locations across the UK - click here to learn more...
Featured Specialist Tastings
Fine Wine: 2014 Oregon: Greatest Vintage Ever? - Wednesday 11th April 2018 7PM - £45 - Join us on a rare opportunity to taste some of the greatest Pinot Noirs outside of Burgundy, hailing from the famous vineyards of the Willamette Valley in Oregon, United States.
Fine Wine: Red Burgundy 2008 - 10 Years On - Thursday 17th May 2018 7PM - £85 - On this superb evening we shall be tasting a selection of excellent Burgundies from the lovely 2008 vintage. All wines tasted are of Premier or Grand Cru standard, the highest peaks of Burgundian wine. Included are Grand Crus such as Clos Vougeot, Charmes-Chambertin and Mazoyères-Chambertin.
Meet the Winemaker Tasting: Nicolas Haeni of Malmont - Wednesday 6th June 2018 - £25 - For a wonderful evening we welcome Nicolas Haeni, a talented new winemaker from the heart of the Southern Rhone who will revel us in the delights of delicious complex and mouthwatering white and red Côtes du Rhône and Côtes du Rhône Villages wines. Come meet the winemaker and taste through eight of his fantastic wines.
Fine Wine: Bordeaux Vintage 2009 Horizontal - Tuesday 18th September 2018 - £65 - You will taste 8 examples from the highly acclaimed 2009 vintage rated as a 'great vintage' by Clive Coates MW and classifying it as one of the best vintages in the past 30 years. Robert Parker Jr awarded 16 of the 2009 wines the perfect 100 point score in 2010 stating that "2009 may turn out to be the finest vintage I have tasted in 32 years of covering Bordeaux" and "the peaks of quality in 2009 may turn out to be historic."
More wonderful specialist tastings can be found here
Forthcoming 2018 WSET Courses
WSET Level 1 Award in Wines (Single Saturday) :: Sat 21st April 2018 - £165
WSET Level 2 Award - Saturdays (over three consecutive Saturdays) :: starting Saturday 14th April 2018 - £385
Level 3 Award - Condensed (over five consecutive days) :: starting Monday 16th April 2018 - £675
Our network trained 12 WSET scholarship nominees in 2014-2016, selected from top 30 of 3000 UK wide WSET Level 3 graduates.
Venue, Times & Accessibility
Our wine tastings and wine courses are run in the wonderful tasting rooms, 'The Wine Cellars' at the Big Yellow Storage Company in Fulham, London. Evening courses start at 7pm and usually last for 2 hours. Day courses usually start at 11am and last for 5 hours.
Full address; The Wine Cellars at Big Yellow Storage, 71 Townmead Road, Fulham, London, SW6 2ST. We are situated next to Sainsburys & the Chelsea Harbour Club.
Don't know which course to select? Please call the main number on 020 8144 2444 and we will be delighted to guide you through all our courses and help you make the right selection.
Or send us a note via the Contact Us page, with your query. We will be happy to help.
Our wine courses and wine tastings in Fulham are suitable for everyone. They make a unique wine gift and wine present. We run many wine courses from one evening wine tastings to 8 week wine courses and from whisky to beer tastings.
WINE TASTING FOR EVERYONE IN LONDON!
PARTNERSHIPS & ACCREDITATIONS:
Other Wine Schools
We are proud to be part of the Local Wine School network - the only UK-wide network of independent wine schools. All our centres offer fun wine tastings and courses to suit everyone from absolute beginner to the serious enthusiast.
All our tastings can also be purchased as great gifts that can be redeemed at any of our wine schools across the UK. All our Gift Vouchers have FREE UK DELIVERY & are valid for 2 years. Check out our National website for further details - www.localwineschool.com
- Wine Tasting London-West & Wine Courses London-West
- Wine Tasting London-East & Wine Courses London-East
- Wine Tasting London-South & Wine Courses London-South
- Wine Tasting London-North & Wine Courses London-North
- Wine Tasting Edinburgh & Wine Courses Edinburgh
- Wine Tasting Glasgow & Wine Courses Glasgow
- Wine Tasting Manchester & Wine Courses Manchester
- Wine Tasting Liverpool/Chester & Wine Courses Liverpool/Chester
- Wine Tasting Birmingham & Wine Courses Birmingham
- Wine Tasting Leeds/York & Wine Courses Leeds/York
- Wine Tasting Bristol/Bath & Wine Courses Bristol/Bath
- Wine Tasting Newcastle upon Tyne & Wine Courses Newcastle upon Tyne
- Wine Tasting Nottingham & Derby & Wine Courses Nottingham & Derby
- Wine Tasting Brighton/Sussex & Wine Courses Brighton/Sussex
- Wine Tasting Kent/Tunbridge Wells & Wine Courses Kent/Tunbridge Wells
- Wine Tasting Cambridge & Wine Courses Cambridge
- Wine Tasting Norwich & Norfolk & Wine Courses Norwich & Norfolk
- Wine Tasting Essex & Wine Courses Essex
- Wine Tasting Oxford/Cheltenham & Wine Courses Oxford/Cheltenham
- Wine Tasting Shropshire & Wine Courses Shropshire
- Wine Tasting Hertfordshire & Wine Courses Hertfordshire
- Wine Tasting Reading/Windsor/Berkshire & Wine Courses Reading/Berks
- Wine Tasting Lancashire & Wine Courses Lancashire
- Wine Tasting Milton Keynes & Wine Courses Milton Keynes
- Wine Tasting Hampshire - Wine Courses Southampton/Winchester
- Wine Tasting Surrey - Wine Courses & Wine Tastings in Guildford