WSET Course Level 3 £695+
The WSET courses provide nationally-recognised qualifications for Wine Industry professionals and enthusiastic amateurs. The courses are all examined and certificated within the QCF (Qualification and Credit Framework) by the government.
West London Wine School is very proud to have had taught several WSET scholarship winners and nominees who are annually selected from the top 30 of 3000 UK wide WSET Level 3 graduates.
Note: upcoming dates listed at the bottom of this page.
The Level 3 Award in Wines is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain in-depth knowledge of wines and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting, your blind tasting skills will form part of the examinations.
"I decided to enter the wine industry as a professional and have now completed 2 courses with Jimmy at the WLWS and cannot recommend them highly enough. I found both courses informative and fun, the tutors were fantastic with an extensive wine knowledge that went beyond the syllabus. We had a great range of wines to taste throughout including some you would probably never think to try. If you are looking to get into the industry or just want to improve your wine knowledge then do sign up for one of the courses or tastings, it could change your life as it has mine." (Tom 13/06/13 via Trip Advisor)
This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification. This qualification provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the Diploma Level 4.
Important Entry Information: We recommend this course to those who have already completed the WSET Level 2 Wines and Spirits course, as this syllabus assumes that candidates already possess a good basic understanding of simple wine making techniques, key grape varieties and viticultural patterns. However, holding WSET Level 2 is not a requirement to enroll on this course - for anyone who wishes to enter the WSET programme at Level 3 without prior study, we strongly advise them to review the course specification on the WSET website by viewing the COURSE SPECIFICATION. Please also feel free to contact us at email@example.com to discuss the most appropriate course for your needs.
If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
- Wine Tasting: Taste, describe and analyse wines using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching: A guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Labelling: Learn how to decode and understand labels
- Wine Production: Learn about the production factors influencing the style, quality and price of wine from vineyard to bottling
- Light Wines: Learn about the styles of wines produced in the key wine regions and districts of the world: France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Germany, Greece, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, North and South America, England and Wales
- Sparkling Wines: Learn about the methods of production and the main styles of sparkling wines from the key wine producing countries: France, Spain, Italy, Germany, New World - Australia, California, New Zealand, South Africa
- Fortified Wines: Learn about the methods of production/main styles of fortified wines from the key wine countries: Spain, Portugal, France, Australia
- Number of Wines Tasted: Up to 80 wines will be tasted as part of the course (please be advised that due to the short format of the Condensed course, approximately 60 wines will be tasted. The taught content is consistent across all course formats however).
- Study Materials Students: You will receive a Level 3 course study pack, consisting of the course book, study guide and tasting card. The course study pack will be distributed to students upon arrival to the first session of the Saturday and Evening formats of the course. For student's enrolled on the Condensed format of this course, study packs will be posted out to students in advance of the course (non-UK postal addresses will incur an international postage fee).
- Study Materials available: West London Wine School holds a comprehensive library of practice examination questions
- Duration of course: 42 hours plus a 2 hour 30 minutes examination
- Recommended Private Study: Students should note that this is a demanding course and are advised to select a study option that allows them adequate self-study and revision time. A minimum of 56 hours of study time is recommended, in addition to classroom attendance. If you are studying the condensed format (5 consecutive days) you will need to have completed the majority of your study before the course commences.
- Examination: The Level 3 examination comprises of two parts: Part one will be a combined theory paper consisting of a 50 question multiple-choice section and a four question short answer written section. Part two will be a blind tasting of two wines. A mark of 55% required in all sections to pass.
- Certification: All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin
- Saturday Course Format: One Saturday every two weeks or four weeks for a total of six Saturdays
- Evening Course Format: One evening per week for 14 consecutive weeks
- Condensed Course Format: Six consecutive days
- Day Release Course Format: One day per week for six consecutive weeks
Student Level 3 Feedback
“Choosing where to study WSET Advanced is as important as the course itself. Jimmy knows this syllabus inside out and helps you focus your studies. His style is relaxed and enthusiastic which makes learning fun. My only sadness is that I have finished the course as I loved every minute of it- Thanks Jimmy” (Elaine Wood, WSET Level 3 Student)
"I just wanted to say thank you for running an excellent level 3 course. My knowledge of wine has increased significantly. Compared to the level 2 course I did the format was much much better (no stress of trying to escape office for evening classes and much smaller, friendly and more fun classes). Thank you!" (Sarah Gatley, WSET Level 3 Student)
West London Wine School is the largest independent WSET Approved Programme Provider (APP) within the UK and is incredibly proud to be 1 of only 7 nominees shortlisted globally for the Riedel Trophy WSET Educator of the Year for 2018.
All WSET Level 3 Award in Wines courses are listed at the bottom of this page - please scroll down. If you are interested in finding out more about our WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits, WSET Level 1 Award in Wine, WSET Level 1 Award in Sake or WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits courses, just follow the links to the left of your screen to see all upcoming course dates at West London Wine School!
Wednesdays for 6 sessions (six consecutive Wednesdays) starting 6th November This well-structured and in-depth Level 3 certificate is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain comprehensive knowledge of wines and
Places remaining: 12
Date/Time: 6th Nov 2019 at 9am
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham
Six consecutive days (Monday to Saturday) in one week with the examination on the Saturday morning - BE PREPARED! This well-structured and in-depth Level 3 certificate is a course designed for
Places remaining: 12
Date/Time: 18th Nov 2019 at 9am-5pm
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham
12 results found, Previous Page