WSET Course Level 2 £395+
Wine and Spirit Education Trust courses provide globally recognised qualifications which are suitable for both wine industry professionals and wine enthusiasts. As a WSET Approved Programme Provider (APP) West London Wine School has been certified to offer this qualification as part of the UK's Qualifications and Credits Framework which is accredited by OfQual.
Our network trained 5 WSET scholarship nominees in 2014, selected from top 30 of 3000 UK wide WSET Level 3 graduates.
All WSET Level 2 courses are listed at the bottom of this page - please scroll down. If you are interested in finding out more about our WSET Level 1 Award in Wine or WSET Level 3 Award in Wine Courses, just follow the links to the left of your screen to see all upcoming course dates at West London Wine School!
Who should consider studying for WSET Level 2?
1. The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits (formerly known as the Intermediate Certificate) is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.
2. The course is also a great option for those not employed in the drinks industry who wish to study wine using a structured curriculum and formal assessment. Please note- you do not need to have completed WSET Level 1 in order register for Level 2. It is a natural progression for those who have attended the West London Wine School 8 Week World of Wine Course.
3. The course is an absolute must for anyone considering pursuing a career in the wine industry. Acheiving a good grade in this qualification provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines and Spirits (formerly known as the Advanced Certificate).
Not sure if this is the right level for you? Click on the book to view the Course Specification including sample exam questions.
Wine Tasting: Taste and describe wines using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
Food and Wine Matching: A guide to the key considerations when matching food & wine successfully
Wine Service and Storage: Learn the correct way to store and serve wine & recognise common faults found in wines
Labelling: Learn how to decode & understand labels
Factors influencing the Style of Wine: Study the factors influencing the style, quality & price of wine in the vineyard & winery
Grape Varieties: Learn about the styles of wines produced by the key international & regionally important grape varieties
Key White grape varieties: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling. Other white varieties: Chenin Blanc, Gewurztraminer, Muscadet, Pinot Gris/Grigio, Semillon, Torrontés, Trebbiano and Verdicchio
Key Black grape varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz. Other red varieties: Barbera, Carmenère, Gamay, Malbec, Montepulciano, Nebbiolo, Pinotage, Primitivo, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & Zinfandel
Key Wine-Producing regions of the World: Learn about the main styles of wines from the key wine-producing regions. France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, USA, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand & South Africa
Number of Wines Tasted: 30-35 wines will be tasted as part of the course
Study Materials: Students will receive an Intermediate course study pack, consisting of the course book (a comprehensive guide to the wines of the world), a study guide (complete with maps, example questions, and forms for your own tasting notes) and laminated tasting card. The course study pack will be distributed to students upon arrival to the first session of the Saturday and Evening formats of the course. For student's enrolled on the Condensed format of this course, study packs will be posted out to students in advance of the course (non-UK postal addresses will incur an international postage fee).
Study Materials available: West London Wine School has a comprehensive library of mock papers for examination practice
Duration of course: 16 hours
Recommended Private Study: You should be prepared to dedicate a minimum of 14 hours to study time outside of the classroom. Students are advised to select the study option that best suits their own timetable, factoring in both attendance and self-study requirements. Please be mindful that the consecutive day course is intensive.
Examination: 50 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 1 hour. A mark of 55% required to pass
- Certification: All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
- Saturday Course: Three consecutive Saturdays
- Evening Course: One evening per week for 6 weeks
- Condensed Course: Four consecutive days
"I have now completed both my level 2 and 3 at West London Wine School with both Jimmy and Quentin who each teach with so much passion. There is never a dull moment and I shall miss my time at the school but will definitely return for one or two of the many tastings they run. The venue itself is both modern and comfortable also easy to find with free parking. Highly recommend" (Dee Kapoor 15/06/13 via Trip Advisor)
If you are thinking where to study wine then West London Wine School is your answer. We are an APP (Approved Programme Provider) with WSET, listed as a key provider of WSET courses in London by WSET, Decanter Wine magazine, Jancis Robinson & Timeout Magazine. We are now one of the leading providers in the UK.
Saturdays for three sessions starting 9th November 2019 This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 certificate and is intended as vocational training in
Places remaining: 20
Date/Time: 9th Nov 2019 at 10:30am
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham
Four sessions over four consecutive days starting TUESDAY 26TH NOVEMBER 2019 Registration closes on Thursday 14th November 2019. This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level
Places remaining: 20
Date/Time: 26th Nov 2019 at 10:30am - 4:30pm
Venue: The Wine Cellars, Fulham
12 results found, Previous Page