Our Venue 'The Wine Cellars'
We are delighted to host all of our London based wine tastings and courses in 'The Wine Cellars' at the Big Yellow storage company in Fulham, London. At first thought you may be thinking how unusual the venue is, however think again...
'The Wine Cellars' - Big Yellow Fulham
London is a busy and crowded city with little room for manoeuvre and even less room for storage. Wine enthusiasts and aficionados alike have struggled to store their fine wine and often have to settle for the garage or under the staircase. These scenarios can be the touch of death to a wine in maturation and have often plighted the small-time wine hoarders who do not have access to a cellar. Enter 'The Wine Cellars' situated underground the Big Yellow Storage in Fulham. Here lies the UK’s first purpose-built wine self storage facility, containing 1,200 temperature and humidity controlled cellars spread across four floors.
The facility, placed next to Chelsea’s Harbour Club, is aimed at both individual wine collectors and businesses that require constant access to their wine collections. This wise move has been welcomed by the press with open arms and even TV personality Oz Clarke was given the honours of opening the cellars in March 2008.
Why use 'The Wine Cellars'
We are really excited to host our tastings and courses here for many reasons:
- There is ample room decorated with wine decor giving the feel of a wine tasting environment
- Full amenities including heating, toilets, kitchen and cloakroom
- A small detailed wine library
- Easy/Disabled access via two spacious lifts
In addition the venue is in a superb location with the following transport links:
- London Overground (part of Oyster) operates the closest station, Imperial Wharf, at 7-8 minutes walk away
- Wandsworth Town (South West Trains) at 10-12 minutes walk away
- Fulham Broadway is the closest underground station at 15-20 minutes walk away (bus advisable - or change at West Brompton and take the orange Overground/Southern to Imperial Wharf)
- Two bus routes (391 Richmond to Sands End and C3 Earl's Court to Clapham Junction) run along the building with a number of other routes on Wandsworth Bridge Road (295, 28 and 424) only 3 minutes walk away.
Important Additional Information
The venue is underneath the Big Yellow Storage Company on Townmead Road in Fulham (SW6 2ST) and the gates for the main facility close between 6-7pm, therefore a security guard gives West London Wine School members access between 6-7:30pm. If the outside gate is closed use the 'Please call here for assistance' button and the guard will open the gates. He will then show you down to the Wine Cellars via the lifts (Basement Floor).
Please note: Googlemaps will place this postcode (SW6 2ST) next to Imperial Wharf station - this is NOT the case - our venue is a short 6-8 minute walk down Townmead Road away from Imperial Wharf (past Laura Ashley on the right). We are not based at Wimbledon Wine Cellars in Imperial Wharf but The Wine Cellars at the Big Yellow Storage Company. See map below:
The Wine Cellars, Big Yellow Storage, 71 Townmead Road, Fulham, SW6 2ST
If you would prefer a different location (for private tastings) then we are able to hold tastings wherever you wish, perhaps in the office, in a local town hall or in the comfort of your own home. To ask any questions please contact us.